PCOS OPK help

Butterfly24

LTTTC no. 1
Reaction score
so i have pcos and haven't been ovulating

for the last couple of months i've been trying soy and i have been having quite strong ov pains. i know OPK's can be un-reliable with PCOS so i just bought a 50pack of ic - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sensitive-Ovulation-Fertility-Strips/dp/B001G7P62S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297038048&sr=8-1

sometimes i get like a shadow line also pink like the control line but very faint, it's never gotten darker though.

do you think i should try some more expensive ones - that said i don't actually know when i ov so i could end up buying loads, or do you think i should leave it and put it down to the pcos?

i'm really torn :wacko:

I do not have the answer and do not know about pcos but maybe up could try some for a month just for the reassurance? Sorry I am not that helpful I just didnt want to read and run. Good luck

thanks hun

been looking at other peoples experiences with the same opks it seems they don't tnd to get as dark as the control line. but my issue then is that the 'shadow' line is there quite often so that could be either that they aren't working for me or i have random lutheal phase surges without actually ov'ing which i know can happen alot with pcos

I too have trouble with this brand but find other ic work. It's been frustrating this cycle as I've been using this brand and getting nowhere. I think I might ditch them!

I've two types of ic's at the mo the ones you have and Egens which I got off eBay. I've taken a picture of the two both done today. There's a massive difference. According to my ovulation microscope I ov'd yesterday. https://emob1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/Carhar/63c98a88.jpg?t=1297163225

You might also want to try a ovulation microscope. I've got this one and it worked for me... https://www.babystart.co.uk/fertilfocus_ovulation_microscope.html

I hope this helps!

Gl Butterfly x

hey hun i also have pcos it is difficult to pin point ovulation with pcos what are your cycles like how long are they xx

hiya i have pcos havent had a period since october :( im takn angus castus hopin to regulate me and im using ovulation dip sticks most of the time i have the control line . or the control line and a very faint 2nd line think iv had one positive one :) x

hi Butterfly24,

This is a bit freaky, I have bought this brand for the first time this month, have used other ic in previous months and always got my positive each month since i started Clomid in November. This month however i only got a partial positive line with this brand, one quarter of the line was positive and the rest a faded line, i thought i had missed it this month, maybe its just those tests are faulty.

thanks for all your replies :)

carhar - yeah thats what mine have been like just a little bit of a shadow when wet and a little more when dry :/ the ovulation microscope sounds good. you can get ones that you put into your mouth too that read it for you

bbwardle - errr my cycles lol, my last proper af was in 2009. i had been trying soy for a few months i had been getting very strong ov pains and the second month i got some spotting but it's the closesest thing i've had for that long :(

jennievictora - i've never thought about angus castus before what does it do?

sopava - do you find any other brands work for you?

Butterfly 24

I had been buying mine from happybumps.com, always got my positive with them, will have to revert to them i think!!

These are the ones that NHS use. So I think they are reliable enough! Just keep trying xxx

hiya i have pcos havent had a period since october :( im takn angus castus hopin to regulate me and im using ovulation dip sticks most of the time i have the control line . or the control line and a very faint 2nd line think iv had one positive one :) x

We had been TTC for 18 months but as I only had lke 2 Af's I didnt get any BFP's, Then I started taking angus castus in March 2008 and started to get a regular preiod from Sep 2008 then In Fen 2009 Got a BFP :happydance:- Our daughter is now 16 months old! I think its a miracle herb - well it was for me anyway - I would highy reccomend it to anyone with PCOS :thumbup:

Also long story story since finishing chemotherapy in March I have had regular periods :happydance:

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->