PDA-patent ductuc arteriosus

LoverB

Reaction score
Hi! Any of your premie has PDA? If so did they have surgery or did the doctor left it alone becuase it doesn't bother your baby. Please let me know. thank you

Yes my lo had a large PDA. It was treated with indomethacin which didn't close it but made it small enough so it wasn't affecting her which was left to close itself.

My son has a PDA which has caused us some problems with fluid but it seems to be getting smaller and they havent done anything about it. They have told me it may require surgery at some point but so far so good!

My daughter Anya had a PDA, and was given ibuprofen to help close it. It was causing a lot of bradys and desats. She was born at 23+6, I can't remember what gestation she was given it at tho. Xx

Anyone had PDA but your baby is not bothered by it?

My son had a PDA. It was closed with a synthetic hormone.

Amelia's PDA closed spontaneously at 34 weeks. She had no actual treatment to close it but was on diaretics and restricted fluids. She came off cpap at 30 weeks so it really wasnt an issue for her

Noah had a PDA but it wasn't affecting him at all so it was left. By the time he left hospital the doctors couldn't detect the murmur anymore so they were confident that it had healed itself. The nurses told me that some babies are discharged home with the valve open if it isn't affecting them - I think they just have to go in for checks or obviously seek help if it looks like is begins to affect them.

When we were told about Noah the nurses stressed that it was the last thing we should be worrying about as it really wasn't bothering him. x

Noah had a PDA but it wasn't affecting him at all so it was left. By the time he left hospital the doctors couldn't detect the murmur anymore so they were confident that it had healed itself. The nurses told me that some babies are discharged home with the valve open if it isn't affecting them - I think they just have to go in for checks or obviously seek help if it looks like is begins to affect them.

When we were told about Noah the nurses stressed that it was the last thing we should be worrying about as it really wasn't bothering him. x

Thank you. But does Noah breathe fast? My baby breathe fast sometimes. I hope she grows out of this.

Findlay had a PDA which finally closed itself at around 12 weeks corrected.

Thank you. But does Noah breathe fast? My baby breathe fast sometimes. I hope she grows out of this.

Yes, both of my babies have sessions of breathing a bit faster. They're heads seem to bob along with their breathing when they do it. No-one seemed concerned in NICU and it got dismissed as another prem thing they will grow out of. They do seem to be doing it less so hopefully it will stop soon x

My daughter Isabella had a very large PDA that failed to close with medication. She had it closed surgically around 4 weeks ago now as it was preventing her coming on the vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->