PDA surgery on Tues and Very worried!

clairec81

Reaction score
After a check up with cardiology yesterday I was shocked to hear that my daughters PDA is actually very large and the decision has been made to close it surgically on Tuesday. I'm really worried and cant believe my LO is going to have to go through it all, she's been through so much already. Need lots of prayers at the moment and any success stories of PDA surgery would be great too.

Hi,

My son'sPDA closed up so i cant really help but didnt want to read and run. Am sure lots of the mummies on here will be able to help.

xxx

My son had PDA surgery @ 31 weeks he's a 25 weeker the surgery is VERY routine and only takes a few minutes from start to finish about an hour I would say the surgery went very well and that was the turning point for us but as a mom it is INCREDIBLY scary I cried when they wheeled my LO into the operatingroom and the doors closed behind the team I was so terrified all I did was stare at the monitors until my LO came out of the operating room and within a few days he was off the vent for good
Don't worry everything will be fine pm me if you want to talk more
Mandie

I have no advice, but my son will be having treatment for PDA too -- starting tonight. We'll know by Monday if it works. :hugs: If you need to talk, let me know.

I have no advice, but my son will be having treatment for PDA too -- starting tonight. We'll know by Monday if it works. :hugs: If you need to talk, let me know.

I hope the treatment is successful. My daughters PDA was treated with medication and thankfully was successful. Although in the UK it is a 6 day course.

My son had treatment via meds and it was not successful rather it caused a host of complications including soft NEC. So surgery maybe the better option according to the Drs, there are babies on this forum who had the op and have done so well. My son's PDA finally closed after term itself. Good luck

Will be thinking of you and praying for your LO. I am sure she will be fine. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->