PDA Treatment

Srrme

Reaction score
My little boy has been receiving doses of Indomethacin to treat his PDA. They're running a test right now, so we might know today or tomorrow if it worked, and I'm so anxious and scared. :cry:

Has anyone had any success stories with this? The Doctor told us it's a 70% - 80% chance it will close off the duct, but there's still a chance it won't.

Hey hun - I have no experience but a few girls here do so I'm sure you'll have an answer soon ;)

Hi my lo had the treatment and it was successful. It didnt close it completely but it was small so she didnt have any side effects from it. Another 25 week baby was getting a second dose at the sametime as the first hadn't been successful. The second dose worked.

Hi my no 1 twin had treatment and although it didnt close straight away even after the 2nd treatment it closed to a point that it no longer affected him and when we were seen at 3months it was still there but by 6months on our next check it was gone:thumbup: hope ur lo is ok:hugs::hugs:nnu can be a tough place to be:hugs::hugs:

Hello Srrme, our girl had a v large PDA and 2 courses of ibuprofen which didn't work and they were all set up to send her to have the op when all of a sudden while we were waiting for a bed it closed up of its own accord, which isn't that uncommon apparently. So fingers crossed that the same happens for your LO. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->