PDD-NOS. Josh's official diagnosis... For now.

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So we've had our appointment with the child psychiatrist this week and she came to the conclusion that Josh has PDD-NOS. She didn't feel comfortable enough to diagnose him with neither full blown autism or Aspergers syndrome because she said he is still a bit young (3yrs 5months) and would like to see him again when he's 4. Which is fine for us. Now we have to see a speech therapist and Occupational therapist to help him communicate more.

We'll see how this goes. I am just so relieved to have an official diagnosis. We are entitled to some benefits for a special needs child here, which is good. He will also be signed up for a preschool specialized in PPD/Autism in September 2012.

I'm really happy for him !

so happy that you kind of got a diagnosis!

i know how frustrating it can be not having a diagnosis for your child. my son was 9 before we had a diagnosis as his condition is so rare and it was a nightmare getting the help we needed.

hopefully things will fall into place for you xxx

:hugs: My daughter also has PDD-NOS. One thing they did tell me is if a child has a communication delay, they automatically rule out Asperger's as there is no communication delay (which is why it is usually diagnosed later). I have not had my daughter reassessed. She is 6 now, and she was diagnosed at age 2. She has since been diagnosed (although the lady was pretty sketchy so not sure if I am convinced it was accurate) with Apraxia as well. The funding will help loads..pile on as much help as you can. :hugs:

Hey hun glad you have got things moved along a bit and now they can help him (and you) and give you all some extra support x

Thats great you've got a preliminary diagnosis and things are moving along for you:flower:

My son is a similar age to yours, he's 3 years 7 months and he's been recently diagnosed with Aspergers. He's going to the school districts special needs preschool programme within the month. Having the diagnosis opens so many doors for them. At the preschool they have physios, occupational therapists, speech language therapists as well as peer children ( normally developing peers) to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->