Peeing on the floor out of anger

lanaross

Mom to Bella and Greyson
Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies,
Hope you are all doing well xx

I have a very strong-willed 3yo, almost 4 now. He decided that he can express his anger by taking his pants off and peeing on the floor (and still wearing a diaper for naps/night time). At this point I am lost - I tried talking calmly and explaining that we express anger with words, I tried the time outs, I tried leaving him in his room until he cleans it up, I yelled, I cried. Today I was so mad I almost gave myself a heart attack and I can't do this anymore. Any suggestions?? He goes to pre-school without any diapers so obviously knows how to handle the potty. But when he gets defiant - this is what he does.

Hm... you leave him in his room until he cleans it, but what is he doing in his room? If it's too fun in his room, try sending him to the bathroom instead. It tends to be less fun and is a logical place for him to be if pottying is the issue at hand.

Have you tried just ignoring? My ds2 used to threaten this now and again (never actually did though) I just used to laugh it off if he said it by saying something like "well that's silly wee wee goes in the toilet". Any time he did wee on the floor (not on purpose) never made a big deal again just "whoops missed toilet let mummy know next time if you need some help"
Ok easier said than done as I can imagine it being VERY frustrating but worth a try if not maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->