Peeing when I sneeze

MissYogi

Expecting #1
Reaction score
So, this is TMI but lately when I sneeze, I pee a little. I am 22 weeks and I had thought that was just sort of normal but I was joking about it to my friend who is a physio therapist and she freaked out and said I need to get my pelvic floor checked. I know it would be cause for concern if it happened all the time, especially if I wasn't pregnant, but I really thought this was sort of just average in pregnancy, especially getting further along. It's not a ton, just a little leak, and it's not every time I sneeze either. What do you all think?

I think it is normal, hun. With your growing baby and uterus pressing down on your bladder, it is not uncommon to leak. I think what your friend was referring to is if you continue to leak after you give birth. This is called "incontinence" and could mean that your pelvic floor is weak, in which case if you do kegels regularly that should help without the need for surgery or anything drastic. I pee when I sneeze too (and for some reason pregnancy makes me sneeze more than usual) but it always goes away after I give birth.

Hi. This started happening to me when I was pregnant with my first son. I would pee when I sneezed or threw up. After giving birth, I would still pee myself when I would throw up. Same thing with this pregnancy. My doctor said it's bad and I really need to do some physio after giving birth or it's gonna get worse with time. 😞

I know it's definitely not good if it keeps up afterwards and that you definitely should see a pelvic floor physio after to prevent prolapsed uterus. I just figured it's not the end of the world if it happens a tiny bit while pregnant.

Um I leak when I sneeze and I do my kegels every day and I know they're strong (don't ask lol) but I pee when I sneeze because my son loooves hanging out by my bladder. Every scan, that's his spot. I will say it was worst second tri so I upped how long I held my reps which helped. But EVERYONE I talked to, gyn included, said it's normal. Just keep an eye on it if it keeps happening after birth as well and bring it up again.

Yeah I was constantly leaking. Think it's totally normal.

I do this through two parts of the pregnancy - in the middle when my baby is just about a pound or so but my uterus hasn't moved up much, and the extra weight on my bladder makes me leak when I sneeze or cough a bit - and at the end when my belly is heavy as heck (around 32 weeks) and is pushing down on my bladder. I am currently wearing a liner at all times. Within a week or two of giving birth, I stop peeing myself until I'm in the middle of a pregnancy again.

My favorite is when I pee and empty my bladder completely and then stand up and sneeze and pee myself. Hahaha. Ahem. Sorry. Just the facts of life here.

Thank you so much ladies! My friend had made me feel completely incompetent and weak for having that happen so it's really nice to know it's very normal. She made it sound like I should be getting surgery to fix it right now!

Completely normal for me during pregnancy lol, not even bothered by it anymore don't worry about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->