Pelvic girdle pain has begun osteopathy?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
So in all of my previous 3 pregnancies I had pelvic girdle pain which got worse with each pregnancy and started earlier. I remember with my last being in so much pain not being able to move and having 2 toddlers to look after.

Now I have 3 kids under 6 and working full time mainly sat at a desk for 9 hours a day and the pgp has started already! I'm only 16 weeks and today I couldn't walk! I still havnt told work or anyone that I'm pregnant as my boss is off but I was getting up for the printer and waddling over because the pain was so bad!

I went to the doctors tonight but there wasn't much she could say that I havnt had before! Iv decided I'm going to see an osteopath and see if they can help at all as this will only get worse!

Has anyone else had osteo work in pregnancy?

I had problems from 16 weeks with my first and it started at 6weeks with this pregnancy. Saw a physio with both but I still can't find anything that helps

Iv heard a few people say that physio didn't help �� it's been ok for a couple of days but Iv got decorating to do this weekend so know it's gona kill me!

I'm going to physical therapy on monday, my insurance only covers one appointment. I am expecting him to tell me everything I already know. I had PGP/SPD last pregnancy, and this pregnancy its really bad plus with a toddler to chase. This time it started at around 10 weeks and has just gotten worse as time goes on. I am honestly not sure what to do. When I have to focus so much on my toddler, i am pretty sure I injur myself because I can't focus on how i am positioning my body etc.
Anyway have you tried sitting on an exercise ball at your desk? I have heard that helps. I just ordered myself one for home.

The other day my crotch was hurting so bad and i was hanging out with my toddler. I put her in the baby swing and then i sat in the big kid swing. The sides of the swing squeezed my hips together and the pain went away. It was really weird and I'm not sure if it was a coincidence! Other than a swing, I'm not sure what could squeeze hips like that lol

I had osteopathy and it really really helped!

I rave about it. Physiotherapist didn't help me much but the osteopath helped relieve the pain. I really reccomend it x

I wore tuby grip around my torso all last pregnancy
(not at night obvs)
Got it from my physio
Helped lots.
Distributes weight of bump more evenly.
U can buy preg vests that do the same
But tubi grip is much cheaper!! :)

Warm baths and hot water bottles sooth
But don't cure.
Certain preg sage exercises
But check with physio as to what suits u
Everyone differs.
Think mine is starting now
I always hve back pain
But I can manage it with walking and exercises.
But in preg , they just help
Not cure.
Hugs
Hope u find relief

I also had a bump belt.
I used for walking.
Was really good
But awkward cos u cant wear it sitting
So u take it on and off a million times a day

I've had it since 9 weeks. I think the support belt I have has made the biggest difference. I went to see the physio, and explained I'd been doing pelvic floor exercises, and they didn't work. She said sometimes it's not just pelvic floor thats necesary, and I have to do abdominal exercises and watch my posture too. Have you read all the advice on the pelvic partnership website?

Well I didn't make an osteopathy appointment just havnt had time but Iv noticed it's gone off a bit, I noticed it's so much worse when I over exert myself.

I had been decorating and cleaning loads an it's always worse the next day x

Mine has started at 13 weeks. I feel like I have been kicked between the legs.

I made the mistake of carrying my son 30m yesterday and I think that is what kicked it off.

Hoping it settles down with care but seriously tempted to get a cleaner a couple of hours per week to do some hoovering etc.

Watching for all advice. Last time I had it from 20 weeks.

I'm thinking the same.
Id love to get someone in a few hours
But OH is very against it.
Id be a bit embarrassed at first.
But I think the handiness of it would outweigh that :)

Unless DH is taking on the hoovering & ironing and assuming finances allow get a cleaner.

Before we met DH had a cleaner she was hopeless and I opted for ironing person instead but circumstances changed and we managed without. But I'm not going to cripple myself trying to keep on top of the house, ironing & hoovering were 2 of the things I was told not to do the last time. The swinging about on your hips pulls on the already weak pelvis.

One thing you will find yourself doing is tidying the house up before cleaner arrives.

Yeah when I suggested Oh do it instead
He went very quiet :)

My sis has a cleaner , who is really nice
Near me and reasonable price.
My sis said she cleans up before she calls too
I can so see myself doing that.
Until second bub appears
Hee hee

Even better if you already know someone. Get on the phone now.

Why is oh so anti the idea? It's not him who could end up on crunches if he isn't careful.

When it kicked off with me the last time I had no idea and found myself hanging onto chair backs trying to walk from one side of the office to the other. I can't afford to get into that sort of pain again.

I think its prob someone he doesn't know coming into the house.
She is my sis neighbour and my other sis friend
So id say pretty safe
Not like we hve loads of valuables or anything anyway :)

I didn't get that bad thank god.
Just pretty sore.
Hope u don't get it so bad this time hon xx

Our mat hosp provide physio
Did u get that or do ye hve that.
I went last preg
Been referred this time but haven't been seen yet.
It def helped a little

The last time I saw the physio the day after I'd struggled to get across the office I was only 20 weeks. It did settle down using their advice on how to move and things to avoid. However if I over did it or ignored the advice thinking "I'll be fine" sure as anything I would pay heavily the next day.

I got a hold of the physios number today at my booking appointment and will call them tomorrow. My front is burning just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->