Pelvis is terrible

bjl1981

Reaction score
So I'm 20 weeks, and I've been having problems since 9 weeks. I've followed all the advice (how to get in car, turn in bed, walk, not carry anything) and I've been doing pelvic floor exercises, but it's just getting worse. The last 2 nights have been terrible, even doing careful rolling over has been painful. Has anyone got any other advice or suggestions, because I can't imagine coping another 4 months of this.:cry:

Can you see someone for it? Physio etc?

I'm booked in for a physio advice session in 2 weeks, but I had this with last pregnancy, and know they will just give me advice I already know. I don't know how easy it is to actually access an individual physio appt.

I suffered with SPD/PGP/PGD with both pregnancies and it started a while ago with this one.

Other than being careful and keeping legs together and straight I would recommend:
-physio (I've only had NHS to date which has been fine but you could easily go private and it's not toooo expensive- £25 a session maybe?)
-sleeping with a pillow between your legs.
-rocking on a birthing ball.
-putting a carrier bag under your bottom when you get in and out of the car- it helps you turn in the seat and enables you to keep your knees together.
-support belt to help you carry the bump.

Good luck!

Did think about the pillow between my legs during the night, will have to dig one out tonight!

Great advice above, was what I was going to say. Definitely a pillow between your legs (I still have to do this sometimes now, my pelvis got better but not back to how it was), I would sleep in the support belt too!

The pillow between your legs works
I'd also say chiropractor!! I went to physical therapy last time and it barely helped, if at all. I've been seeing a chiropractor for it this time and it helps soooooo much more!!!

Definitely try the pillow between your legs! I wouldn't be able to sleep without one.

Ugh I thought I was the only one. Its HORRIBLE. I have no clue how Im going to get through the next 4 months because I know its only going to get worse. I felt okay-ish this morning, but squatted down to get some work done (I was photographing my work for my shop) and I could barely get back up. Its been killing me ever since. Literally feels like someone repeatedly hit me between the legs with a bat.

Sleeping with a pillow between your legs helps! Im actually trying to find a foam support, instead of a pillow, because pillows flatten so easily. Im hoping that'll help a little. I know it was bad with my son, but it wasnt this bad, this early. By the end of his pregnancy it hurt to lift my leg high enough to get into my car...I have an SUV now, so a good foot further to lift, NOT looking forward to that in the coming weeks.

Ugh I thought I was the only one. Its HORRIBLE. I have no clue how Im going to get through the next 4 months because I know its only going to get worse. I felt okay-ish this morning, but squatted down to get some work done (I was photographing my work for my shop) and I could barely get back up. Its been killing me ever since. Literally feels like someone repeatedly hit me between the legs with a bat.

Sleeping with a pillow between your legs helps! Im actually trying to find a foam support, instead of a pillow, because pillows flatten so easily. Im hoping that'll help a little. I know it was bad with my son, but it wasnt this bad, this early. By the end of his pregnancy it hurt to lift my leg high enough to get into my car...I have an SUV now, so a good foot further to lift, NOT looking forward to that in the coming weeks.
It's these 3rd babies ChickenMommy! I've found the details of a private physio a few miles away who has good reviews for pelvic pain, but its £40 a session.

Phoned the physio booking person and explained I didn't need to attend a group advice session, as I already knew what they would say, and asked could I see a physio instead, and they managed to get me a cancellation for tomorrow! Hoping they can give me some hands on help!:happydance:

Would like your opinions on this as I was googling last night. Have started getting pain in both buttocks (like toothache) and pain around the back of pelvis to the lower tummy - in fact it feels sore. This only happens towards the evening and was worse last night more than ever. Put a pillow between my knees and settled on my left hand side in bed and had a comfortable night. Today hasn't been so bad.

Never had this with first pregnancy - but did have a lot of coccyx / buttock pain after birth for a few months and this is similar. Is this SPD/PGP

I've been suffering SPD since 16 weeks this time around, but given my history I think my pelvis is absolutely knackered..

Have you tried belly wrapping / binding? I'm a plus size lady and can't find any support belts comfy enough, or big enough so I use a wrap and wrap my belly up which takes some of the weight off my pelvis. <3

Sounds like it could be. I would talk to your midwife to be sure though. In the meantime, keep your legs together! :haha:

Keeping your pelvis as aligned as possible will minimise the pain. Sit straight (no crossed legs), keep legs together when getting in and out of car/bed etc, take stairs one at a time.

Follow advice on the first page! Hope it eases for you.

I'm so sorry. I had this with my last pregnancy and it was miserable. I could hardly do anything because even turning over in bed caused excruciating pain by the end. However, at some point in the third trimester, my midwife wrote me a prescription for a maternity belt. Though I was skeptical, it actually helped quite a bit when I had to be up walking around. The pressure was a bit uncomfortable, but not nearly as miserable as the blinding pain shooting from my pelvis.

On the bright side, my SPD cleared up pretty much instantly after delivery. I couldn't believe it! I'm guessing that either the fading hormones made a difference really quickly... or my daughter knocked something into place on her way out. Either way, I was definitely relieved for it to be over.

I think I maybe having the start of this, I'm 19 weeks now n just this last week I'm very tender n sore in my hips n all with pelvis n groin area even when I wee it feels tender! I had soreness all in my right hip like inside this morning n getting lots of pressure feeling! I think my baby is very low too x

Would like your opinions on this as I was googling last night. Have started getting pain in both buttocks (like toothache) and pain around the back of pelvis to the lower tummy - in fact it feels sore. This only happens towards the evening and was worse last night more than ever. Put a pillow between my knees and settled on my left hand side in bed and had a comfortable night. Today hasn't been so bad.

Never had this with first pregnancy - but did have a lot of coccyx / buttock pain after birth for a few months and this is similar. Is this SPD/PGP

I know that aching in the bum! The tootheache like pain description is perfect. I believe it is caused from SPD yes!

I am struggling with this right now. It hurts so bad to roll over in bed at night (my husband wonders why I keep whining/whimpering every time I move in bed). My whole pelvis pops and cracks EVERY time I roll over and it hurts so bad it the groin/pubic area. Did not expect to feel this uncomfortable this soon in pregnancy :[ I'm waddling around everywhere. It feels better if I'm standing and moving for awhile, but getting up after sitting or laying for awhile is not fun...

I told my ob about it and she kind of said it was normal and not much I could do about it except pillow between knees, and tylenol pm/sleeping in a recliner when it gets really bad. :[ There must be more I can do than that! Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->