people with older children, what are you buying your one year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz1985

Reaction score
Not sure what buy my dd for christmas/birthday. She will be one just after christmas but we still have everything from ds and I don't really want to buy things twice just for sake of buying it. We have got a wooden silver cross dolls pram and a couple of tiny things but stuck on ideas for other things. Other people keep asking for ideas as well and I'm just stuck.

I'm in the same boat, my baby girl will be 1 in feb and shes inherited loads of my sons toys but I'm using christmas to girly things up :) heres what I've got her so far;
ELC ballpit
fisher price stroll and play walker
Fisher price my first doll
Piggybank (toy pig with coins)
Hide and squeak eggs
Talking upsy daisy
Bath books
Money box
Please and thank you tea set
Fastination station
Busy ball drop
Fairy wings & wand
Finger puppets
Princess Cutlery
Princess palace
Princesses set
My Pal Violet
Learning first purse
Big Puppet Princess

The princess castle and princesses I'll hold back til either her birthday or next christmas. (I don't know who I'm kidding I'm dying to get it out already I'll be lucky to last til christmas :blush:

I'm almost done buying for her now unless I see a few bargains before christmas, few more stocking fillers and thats it. I've got her everything I can think she'll like and play with so I'm stumped for ideas for anyone else :haha: x

Some of the Disney princess LEGO duplo bits? The fisher price disney princess castle? Toy kitchen?

Dd4 is one just before Christmas and as she's our 4th she does have loads of toys passed down already.

So far I've either got/ or on my list to get:
- fisher price musical chair
- toot toot garage in pink with some other toot toot bits
- an elefun poppin toy
- a spot plush toy
- leapfrog letter factory
- some wow toys
- my pal violet
- some playmobil 123 bits and
- a vtech animal stacker

I'm sure we're add more to the list and I'll probablly split the lot between her birthday and christmas. Also I already have some smaller toys put away for her stocking, just bits like the tomy squeak eggs. :)

Because of the age gap we dont have many toys from DS1 apart from a vtech walker and cookie jar toy.

I bought quite a few bits of the toot toot range to split between christmas and birthday, got the elefun ball shooter and a bath toy. Not much yet

I'm buying a bouncey castle as a joined gift a cosy coup car and some bath stuff, Pj's, new outfits and some little cars. I have two boys so we have like every toy already he'd be interested in lol

I have a similar problem. I have 4 boys aged 8, 6, 4 and 10 months. I have kept practically everything that each of the older ones have ever had. And all being boys I can't even get something that would be more suited to one gender over another.

Charlie is getting a scuttlebug. A couple of bits like mega bloks and toy cars and a wooden puzzle set.

DD2 will only be about 3 months old at Christmas so this year i'm really only getting a few token gifts but next year i'll probably get her some stuff to add to things DD already has like more Duplo and add-ons for the Toot Toot garage :thumbup:

Ahh we are the same, lucas was pretty much the same age last xmas as Evie is this xmas.
Everyone in the family went overboard which resulted in ALOT of toys. If that were to happen again there would just be no room!!

I am getting her things that Lucas has that aren't really toys -

Personalised bankie
Name for her door
Picture & frame with things about her

But toy wise iv no idea as we have the majority of the popular toys and I normally like to pick big toys up 2nd hand as they are a fraction of the price but look the exact same, I feel I can't really do that for Xmas

The only thing I can think is an activity station she can sit in that's not the jumperoo. In reluctant to buy one new though as there's perfectly good ones on Facebook for £10 when there really abiut £50

Ahh it's so hard!!

Also she will only be 6 months but what about a girly ride on toy, iv also heard the ballapallooza is meant to be good

I buy toys second hand and give to my own children for birthdays and Christmas, means they cost less so I can buy more!
I am even going to be giving Oliver bits I have in the loft left from Lucas, he would get them anyway of course but means he had stuff to open and I don't have to worry about cost and storage for loads of new bits.
Just to add will also be getting a few bits new but really at this age more interested in the paper and what everyone else has anyway!

Thanks for ideas everyone. A lot of the things shes got herself or got from noah. So far i have got/getting

Silver cross wooden dolls pram
A rag doll
A smart tryke (noah has got one but currently uses it as a trike so dont feel too bad getting another)
A push along wooden giraffe
Fisher price piggy bank
A rocking horse
Some new books and jigsaws
Some new bath toys

I feel like I've bought her what she needs. I do have money left from her budget which I'm thinking of putting in her bank account. However ill feel bad when we look back on photos and noah had a mountain of presents and esmé only got a little pile but really dont want to waste money.

Catty i have bought noah some used presents this year. I've bought him a massive train set i know he's going to love. Its in great condition and saved £55 buying it used. Best age to buy secondhand as they have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back