Perhaps people really don't notice stuff?!

viccat

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that folks around us really don't notice the little pregnancy signs!

I am travelling for work, and went out today to what is normally a boozy lunch with potential business partners. Last time, I ate soft goats cheese, drank red wine with lunch, then followed up the food with brandy and strong espresso.

This time, no cheese, no alcohol and no coffee :nope: I was nearly salivating at the sight of everyone else tucking into the goats cheese :haha:

Did my boss notice? Did he heck. He is either the master of restraint or totally clueless. :haha: I do wonder with men especially, whether they just wouldn't notice that women around them were pregnant until they got to the "ready to pop" stage?!

I don't think they do. FIL thinks I've had a sickness bug for a month lol.

I think women notice it more then men because most men don't know the no no list like women do. I would also hope your boss wouldn't pressure you to drink pregnant or not pregnant lol. I also think when women start to show men are terrified to ask because it could just be weight gain. Consider yourself lucky if you didn't want him to know yet :). I too was very jealous of my dh coffee today so he brought me a hot chocolate and is making me lunch because I'm on bed rest for an undetermined length of time. :-/

:haha: your last sentence sounds about right! I wonder if they would notice if it happened a few more times? You've probably jinxed yourself now and they'll ask tomorrow :haha:

Haha, men maybe.

I have to go to london with my mum for her birthday end of next month. I'm dreading it. Usually i would drink like a fish because i'd be childless for the night. But we aren't telling them until christmas, so i need to become a MUCH better liar than i am now :haha:

On another note.... DON'T talk to me about goats cheese *mouth waters*

Beck's blue is my life saver!! It's the alcohol free version of their beer, get the bar staff to put it in a glass and nobody is any the wiser!! It actually tastes pretty good too!!!

Beck's blue is my life saver!! It's the alcohol free version of their beer, get the bar staff to put it in a glass and nobody is any the wiser!! It actually tastes pretty good too!!!

That is a FANTASTIC idea! You may of just saved my bacon.

According to the NHS website we can eat goats cheese as long as it is made from pasturised milk :)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

Ooo actually we can't have chevre, which is the stuff mostly served in restaurants because it's mould ripened. There is another link which says we can have brie and such like as long as it's cooked.

All the advice is very conflicting!

Haha, men maybe.

I have to go to london with my mum for her birthday end of next month. I'm dreading it. Usually i would drink like a fish because i'd be childless for the night. But we aren't telling them until christmas, so i need to become a MUCH better liar than i am now :haha

On another note.... DON'T talk to me about goats cheese *mouth waters*

I had to become a better liar as I had to cancel a meeting today and I didn't want to totally lie so I said I had a cyst burst and hemorrhage last night and I'm on bed rest and will have a follow up scan Monday to make sure all is okay. They believe it so I'm sticking to it no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Oh and the cyst was the size of a tennis ball. Lol. I'm gonna look stupid when we I do get off bed rest and we share the news.

My OH's mom still doesn't know and I'm showing and everything! We've made comments and what not and our ultrasound picture is on our fridge but she still hasn't said a word! and when OH's sister took some size 1 diapers to her and said here you may need these soon she said I won't need them! Lol. Totally clueless. We're planning on telling her this weekend. His sister has figured it out and my family knows but his hasn't said a word.

I had to become a better liar as I had to cancel a meeting today and I didn't want to totally lie so I said I had a cyst burst and hemorrhage last night and I'm on bed rest and will have a follow up scan Monday to make sure all is okay. They believe it so I'm sticking to it no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Oh and the cyst was the size of a tennis ball. Lol. I'm gonna look stupid when we I do get off bed rest and we share the news.
You can still go along with the cyst thing and hello just happened to find a baby in there too lol :)

Men are strange creatures, he probably just thought you might have been on a diet lol!

My OH's mom still doesn't know and I'm showing and everything! We've made comments and what not and our ultrasound picture is on our fridge but she still hasn't said a word! and when OH's sister took some size 1 diapers to her and said here you may need these soon she said I won't need them! Lol. Totally clueless. We're planning on telling her this weekend. His sister has figured it out and my family knows but his hasn't said a word.

haha, that is hilarious! :haha:

Men are just clueless and I don't think they have half the observation (or nosey) skills of women. Although with my first preg I thought I'd covered it really well at work and when I told them they'd all guessed and had been talking about it for weeks, so you never know what people are saying behind your back!

I'll have to be a terrific liar soon because we are going on holiday when I'll be 8 weeks with my parents AND my in-laws...it gets worse... to an all-inclusive hotel where we can eat and drink as much as we want! How on earth am I going to get away with not drinking when I have free booze and babysitters on tap!

haha, that is hilarious! :haha:

It was great! We told her yesterday. We got our 1 year old a Big Brother shirt and put that on him and after we had been there for a while we took his jacket off and said go on go show nana and he walked over to her. She was all smiles talking to Dawson and then looked at his shirt and her face just went blank. She said Wait, WHAT?! We all busted out laughing. I'm so glad she knows now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->