Perimenopausal symptoms?

readyformore

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing perimenopausal symptoms?
What are they?

I've been having changes to my cycles, and CRAZY pms. I'm still cycling regularly, but I kind of feel like the clock is starting to tick. . . (well, louder anyway).

I'm 34, and every time I mention to my doc what I think is happening, she tells me I'm too young. Great, but what's my body trying to say?
Both my mom and aunt were perimenopausal at 37 and 38. Plus, I only have 1 ovary (which doc says may shorten fertile years by 1 year, but no more. I'm skeptical though, I think it's a factor). She did a bunch of labs. FSH was 10.6 and she was happy with that. But considering my personal and family history, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that I'm on the same path as the other female members of my family, but 4 years ahead of schedule, which is a lot!

I'm not sure exactly what I would do with the information if she told me that I was, maybe accept that another pregnancy is a little more far fetched of an idea.:shrug:

What have you ladies noticed with your bodies?

Anyone experiencing perimenopausal symptoms?
What are they?

I've been having changes to my cycles, and CRAZY pms. I'm still cycling regularly, but I kind of feel like the clock is starting to tick. . . (well, louder anyway).

I'm 34, and every time I mention to my doc what I think is happening, she tells me I'm too young. Great, but what's my body trying to say?
Both my mom and aunt were perimenopausal at 37 and 38. Plus, I only have 1 ovary (which doc says may shorten fertile years by 1 year, but no more. I'm skeptical though, I think it's a factor). She did a bunch of labs. FSH was 10.6 and she was happy with that. But considering my personal and family history, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking that I'm on the same path as the other female members of my family, but 4 years ahead of schedule, which is a lot!

I'm not sure exactly what I would do with the information if she told me that I was, maybe accept that another pregnancy is a little more far fetched of an idea.:shrug:

What have you ladies noticed with your bodies?

I think you need to talk to a different doctor, this one seems like she is just blowing off your worries. For me i think the FSH is kind of high for someone your age, mine was only 6.9 and i am 43. I think with your family history, that you need to find someone that is going to listen and help you, i think you still have time, but why waste it you know what i mean. For me i have not noticed anything really, my cycles are still the same, a bit shorter in time, i used to be every 27 days, now i am every 25 days, buti believe that was from the fertility treatments i have had, and not my body. I am lucky i guess, my mom never went through menopause until she was 55 so hopefully i have some time left. Hope this helps, and good luck, dont give up, it can and will happen for you!!

I would see another doctor as this one does seem to be dismissing you.

I can't help with whether you are heading for an early menopause or not I'm afraid but hope you get a doctor that takes your worries seriously soon :hugs:

I agree with readyformore. An FSH level of 10.6 seems a bit high to me. I had mine checked and it was 7 and I am 37. You also need the AMH test as it is a better indicator of the the egg quality. Many RE's are now using the AMH test instead of the FSH test. My current RE uses the FSH but I am switching after this round of IUI and the new RE doesn't even check FSH but uses the AMH instead. I don't know, I just think you should def get a second opinion. Unfortunately time is of the essence and after age of 35 it only gets harder. I wish you all the best. Good luck!

I've been thinking about AMH. Is that cd3 blood work as well? I'll have to wait til next cycle, I'm cd10 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->