Perineal massage

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
Planning on giving this a shot. Any advice??

One question though, how often should I do it? Every day or is that too much?

With my first baby, my husband did it for me maybe every other day and we used organic olive oil. He could put more pressure than I could!

Didn't make any difference as I ended up with a c-section, so can't comment if it would have helped against tearing or not! xx

My midwife gave me a leaflet on it, it says 5mins everyday x

My hypnobirthing books says the same. What's pretty funny is that it specifies to use a small dish to hold the olive oil and to discard of it and not reuse it. Um, gross?!?!

My midwife gave me a leaflet on it, it says 5mins everyday x

My hypnobirthing books says the same. What's pretty funny is that it specifies to use a small dish to hold the olive oil and to discard of it and not reuse it. Um, gross?!?!

Lol - just incase you wanted some extra flavour with your roasted vegetables!

I'm gonna give it a miss....

Besides, I only use garlic infused olive oil....

I did it from 35wks with my wee girl and no tearing which I was over the moon about. Had been told by others that getting stitched was worse than giving birth! Plan to do the same again x

Garlic infused.........interesting!! Lizbet did you do it every day?

Yeh I just got into the habit of doing it everyday.....

My one question when my epidural fell out was 'do I have enough in my system if I need stitches'

After being handed my beautiful daughter my first question was do I need stitched - had built up the fear so was delighted all I had to deal with was a couple of grazes

Xx

I did it with my first pregnancy and no tears (despite the midwife's first comment when she came out being "look at the size of that head!") I think I did it daily. Started two days ago with this pregnancy and I think I'll do it daily again x

What gestation did you all start it? My consultant recommended giving it a go to try and avoid another 3rd degree tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->