Perineal Massage?

J22

Reaction score
Hi,

In my first antenatal class today the mw was talking to us about starting perineal massage from 34 weeks using rose hip oil. Supposedly it helps elasticity down below and helps prevent tearing.
Anyone done this before? Did it work?

.....of course OH offers himself as a volunteer to be my "perineal massage therapist"!! :rofl:

i've wanted to try it and hubby said he would do it...but by the time we get to bed one of us or both of us are too tired....so we haven't actually gotten around to trying it....and i'm 38 weeks!! lol...

I did it myself from roughly 34wks with my first and I didn't tear or need cut only a few grazes to contend with. Planning to do the same again....

x

Never done it but never torn or needed to be cut either. If your OH is happy to do it, let him! lol x

ive heard a few people talk about this now but don't actually know much about it, im off to do some research :) x

I'm planning on starting it, but to be honest it scares me a bit! Worth it if it works though!

I tired but it makes me really sore :( also I can hardly reach lol x

Seeing as how I've never delivered a baby before, I'll use my sister as an example! LOL

She didn't do the rub early like that but the whole time she was in labor and pushing, the nurse was down there doing it for her non-stop. My sister said it was annoying as hell but hey! She didn't tear or need cut so...

This is my 4th and I have never done it x

I was thinking about doing it but haven't, not sure if I'll start. TBH I'm not convinced it'll be that helpful and sounds pretty uncomfortable.

I did it with ds and still had a 2nd degree tear . X

I've been suffering with piles since 20wks, I'm not massaging anywhere near there thank you very much :lol:

I did it with my daughter and didn't tear, but this time around I just can't reach and given the swelling, varicose veins and thrush outbreak going on (who said pregnancy isn't glamorous eh?) I'm not letting my husband near me with a ten foot barge pole! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->