Period 70 days late....BFN....what the heck??

Napua17

Reaction score
Okay, long periods are not unsusual once in a while. But this is by far the longest.

I have taken 3 HPT and all NEG. Last one was a few weeks ago.

Ideas? I have PCOS, only one ovary and I just turned 40

For me 70 days isn't unusual I consider anything between 4 and 12 weeks as normal. However once I went 9 mths when I was single and not on the pill eventually when I went to GP who said it wasn't uncommon for ovaries to shut down for a while esp if you've never been pregnant or on the pill. I was about 28 at the time.

for me, its NOT normal. I have my periods recorded since january of 2007, never a cycle that long. I called the OB and got Provera to start my period.

Sorry I find to tone of your rely to be very aggressive. I also doubt you have PCOS, mine is considered mild and 70 days / 10 week is not at all unusual.

excuse me??? There are more symptoms then just prolonged periods. I also have had numerous ultrasounds CONFIRMING my PCOS. My OBGYN also agrees that its not normal for me, hence the reason she proscribed the Provera to start my period.

My period was once like clockwork, then it became about a week after it was suppose to. I have kept records of every period since january 2007, well before that really but thats all I have online.

You can doubt all you want, I know what I have, and so does my doctor, and I find your response extremely agressive. I dont have all day to type ..... I have a job, so if my short answers offend you, I cant help with that.

Wow, that really came out of left field.

For me 70 days isn't unusual I consider anything between 4 and 12 weeks as normal. However once I went 9 mths when I was single and not on the pill eventually when I went to GP who said it wasn't uncommon for ovaries to shut down for a while esp if you've never been pregnant or on the pill. I was about 28 at the time.

Thats what you posted, so I answered with the information that I have been pregnant, with 2 kids and several misscarages. Im not on the pill because we are TTC, but I thought that was obvious.

Just in case anyone comes to find this looking for help:

I started the provera and took it for 5 days. FINALLY on January 3rd I started AF lightly. I believe my period didnt come because I had a cyst on the right side, because right now I have excruciating pain, and a pad soaked with clear fluid. My flow is somewhat normal and not a lot of cloting which normally I have a lot of.

Took a while for the Provera to work, but it did.

Thats what you posted, so I answered with the information that I have been pregnant, with 2 kids and several misscarages. Im not on the pill because we are TTC, but I thought that was obvious.

Glad you've found an answer but just because. You are TTC now doesn't mean you have NEVER been on the pill at any point in the past.

What would being on the pill in the past have to do now???? And the answer to that is NO, I havent been on the pill in the past.

:shrug:

It wasnt normal for me....and the provera proved it. I just have my answer as to why because I have had cysts before.

What would being on the pill in the past have to do now???? And the answer to that is NO, I havent been on the pill in the past.

:shrug:

It wasnt normal for me....and the provera proved it. I just have my answer as to why because I have had cysts before.

:shrug::ignore::saywhat::wohoo::comp::grr::loopy::flasher::bunny::dog:](*,):xmas9::xmas13:

Hopefully for your sake it evens out. Fingers crossed you get your next LO one you been dreaming of and wishing you good luck. Been on provera myself before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->