Period after miscarriage?

yellow.bird

Reaction score
Hi, new here. :)

I miscarried at 5w3d on May 11th and I've been eagerly awaiting my period so we can TTC again. I've taken several pregnancy tests this week, all of which resulted in clear negatives. A few days ago after I used the bathroom and wiped, I saw some light pink and since then I've seen a very tiny amount of the lightest brown discharge (sorry if TMI). Could I be expecting it anyday now or could I just be having a very, very light period already?

It sounds like maybe it's on its way. I had a couple of days of spotting before mine came back. I have had 2 since my mc, and both were actually lighter than they used to be and not as bad cramps.

Hi Yellow.bird, I had miscarriage on 17th May and AF started today. I would think that this is your AF starting too.:flower:

Have you had any unprotected sex? When I MCed the OB said to use back up until we were ready to TTC again because many women will Ov. before their first AF. I had what you're explaining (w. The blood and all) the day b4 I got my :bfp: I seriously thought I was out but nope :nope: turns out it was residual from IB (this was the cycle after my first AF)

Yes I have. The ER doctor told us to go ahead and try again whenever we feel ready to, but I don't really want to start trying until after my period. I've taken 2 more pregnancy tests this weekend, both negative. Yesterday I had, once again, more pink on the toilet paper, a teensy bit of brown and that was it. Nothing since then. I'm so frustrated, I just want to cry.

Yes I have. The ER doctor told us we can start trying again whenever we feel ready to. I don't really want to start trying until after my period. I've taken 2 more tests this weekend, both negative. Yesterday, I once again saw the pink on the toilet paper and a few seconds of the brown discharge. I have some light pink spotting after sex, but other than that, no real bleeding. I'm so frustrated, I just want to cry.

:hugs: Dont worry doll it will work itself out. :hug:
Maybe it is AF or maybe its just too early to get a positve on an HPT? :shrug: Guess it depends on when you would have Ov.ed
We were like you. Didn't want to try until after the first "real" period. I was so scared that something would go wrong again, even though the docs said it would be fine, so we waited. But i hear if your body Ov.s again, then its ready for another pregnancy.

My period finally came this morning! I wanted to wait until after my first period, so when we do get pregnant again, there will be an accurate EDD. It took us 3 months to conceive last time, so hopefully this time will be quicker! Thanks everyone! :)

Hi Thats great that you can start trying again. I have just got my first period since mc and i was so pleased. it was similar very light and brownish! And hardly any cramps! I never thought i'd be soooooo happy to see my period!!! Really happy that we can try again and try to put that horrible time behind us!!
Good Luck! xx

Your story sounds so similar to mine. I got pregnant the first cycle of bc. 3 days after my +hpt I went to the Dr. because I was having some spotting and cramping. She told me I was experiencing a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage. I am STILL waiting on AF! It's been 53 days for me now. Over the past week I've had cramping and I've been sure that she was here. But, I still haven't had any spotting or noticed any blood at all. I'm so confused. I took a hpt a couple of days ago and it was negative. I never thought I'd be so anxious for AF to get here, but I'm ready for a fresh start where I can keep track of my days and (sort of) know what's going on with my body. Glad to see that you're back on track...keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Your story sounds so similar to mine. I got pregnant the first cycle of bc. 3 days after my +hpt I went to the Dr. because I was having some spotting and cramping. She told me I was experiencing a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage. I am STILL waiting on AF! It's been 53 days for me now. Over the past week I've had cramping and I've been sure that she was here. But, I still haven't had any spotting or noticed any blood at all. I'm so confused. I took a hpt a couple of days ago and it was negative. I never thought I'd be so anxious for AF to get here, but I'm ready for a fresh start where I can keep track of my days and (sort of) know what's going on with my body. Glad to see that you're back on track...keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Fx'ed that AF shows!
I miscarried my first cycle off BCPs as well.
Maybe AFhasnt shown bc your body is still adjusting from not being on BC?
Either way :witch::dust: for you xxx

Thanks Guppy! That's what I'm thinking too! I'm thinking my hormones are probably all over the place. I obviously didn't O in a normal time frame b/c I if I had I would've gotten AF by now. So, obviously something isn't working quite right. I was on bc for 10 years and I'm kind of just wondering if my body is still trying to figure out what to do. It's had a nice, long break from making hormones! :) (I will never get on the bcp again!)That's why I really don't want to get my Dr. to prescribe more hormones to bring on AF. I'm trying to be patient and let my body sort it out, but at the same time I'm so ready to start TTC again. Thanks for your encouragement!!!

No problem :flow:
It will work out doll :flower:
They say on average it takes 3 months for women to get there cycles back to normal (after BC). Praying the :witch: visits you very soon :hugs:
I have voweled to never go back on the pill again! :nope: don't blame ya on not wanting the excessive hormones to encourage AF.
I think my MC happened [indirectly] from BCPs. The pill doesn't allow your uterus to build up, and I think when my angel implanted there wasn't enough thickness and I lost her the day AF would have arrived (8+3, right on time) anyways, im in agreement with you. She will show soon. Keep me updated :friends: would love to cheer you on during your TTC journey!

Hi, just coming in late to say I'm glad your situation worked itself out! It's such a relief either way when the waiting is over! After a while, you just want something, anything, to happen.

My first AF after m/c started 3 days ago, almost 6 weeks after D&C. I was hoping I was pregnant because I got a positive opk 2 weeks ago, and had lots of symptoms, even "implantation cramping". When I saw pinkish brown on the toilet paper Sunday night, I was convinced that was my implantation spotting. But then the next morning the spotting turned to full on bleeding. All my hpts were VERY negative.

I'm not even that sad that I didn't get pregnant right away on my m/c cycle. I feel like it's a fresh start now. :)

Hi everyone
I know how you feel - just waiting for AF so you can try again.
I lost my baby on 3rd May, bled heavily for a week, light for another week, then had very very light (but still everyday) loss continuously until it got heavier again exactly 4 weeks after my loss. That lasted 4 days but then still light discharge (sorry if TMI) for another week. Since then nothing. So I was expecting AF Monday, think its come today (definitely not pregnant) but it's very light, and more brown than red. I just want a proper period so that I can get on with trying again!!
It doesn't seem normal. It's my 3rd MC in a row, but with the others my AF arrived exactly 4 weeks after.

Here's hoping we all get proper AFs soon so we can try again!

Hi, just coming in late to say I'm glad your situation worked itself out! It's such a relief either way when the waiting is over! After a while, you just want something, anything, to happen.

My first AF after m/c started 3 days ago, almost 6 weeks after D&C. I was hoping I was pregnant because I got a positive opk 2 weeks ago, and had lots of symptoms, even "implantation cramping". When I saw pinkish brown on the toilet paper Sunday night, I was convinced that was my implantation spotting. But then the next morning the spotting turned to full on bleeding. All my hpts were VERY negative.

I'm not even that sad that I didn't get pregnant right away on my m/c cycle. I feel like it's a fresh start now. :)

hey all i just found this thread :D am so happy to have others in the same boat.. well sort of...
i had a m/c and D&C 19th of May.. hubby and i have been TTC straight away (after previous 12 months of TTC) and im having every symptom but whoknows it could be my body sorting itself out...
havent done any tests although im dying to lol but didnt no if it would be a 'fake' positive for the hcg levels left over frm the m/c in may? who knows... i went to the doc has ultrasound on the 19th of june and she told me i was about to ovulate and everything looked good... so heres FX'd for a BPF in july (im testing on the 7th) cos i figure its approx 2 weeks after approx Ovulation...

but now im getting pains on both left and right lower abdomen?? it isnt AF pains but different... just getting a bit worried... ill b keeping a eye out here for you girls...

wont be too upset itf i get AF but just want it to happen already lol itll b a fresh start, but then would LOVE :bfp:

xxx

hi hun i mc on 12 may and i had a period almost 4 weeks ago and am now awaiting my BPF jhoping u get yr soon too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->