• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Period at 10 weeks postpartum?? EBF & Mirena

Ecoden

Reaction score
I had Mirena for 6 years and never got a period once. I got it removed to get pregnant and now 10 weeks postpartum (iud was placed a week ago) I appear to have gotten my period. Cramps, bright red bleeding. Could it be something else? I mean I thought I'd have more time before getting AF since I'm exclusively breastfeeding and thought I wouldn't have it at all because I never got AF with Mirena before. I should also add that due to slow 2nd degree tear healing I'm also on a tiny amount of estrogen topical cream once per day.

It could just be your body adjusting to the new contraception. BF doesnt keep AF away for everyone unfortunatley.

I EBF for 6 months before my daughter started solids and still one EBF along side solids. With night feeds and on demand. I got my period 6 weeks pp and regularly after that, lol. No birth control other than condoms though, but still. Some of us are just lucky to have quick returning fertility I guess

Have you checked the Mirena is still in place? I'd call the clinic who put it in for you just to check whether they think it is just it settling in to place or not. I agree the hormones of breastfeeding plus the Mirena usually keep AF away or at least very light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->