Period at 6 weeks pp?

Ganton

Reaction score
With my first LO, my period returned at about 11 months, being 2 months after I stopped breastfeeding him, so I assumed the same would happen again.

DS2 will be 6 weeks tomorrow and he is exclusively breastfed (never goes more than 3 hours but it's more like every 1.5-2 hours between feeds). My pp bleeding completely stopped around 3-4 weeks, but I started getting a bit of bleeding yesterday and it's a bit heavier today. Mainly when I wipe and a few small spots on pad (sorry if tmi). Could this be the start of my period? I'm just surprised given that I'm breastfeeding and that it stayed away so long the first time.

The exact same thing happened to me at 6 weeks pp. Bleeding randomly came back and I thought it was AF, but it only lasted a few days and there were no cramps or other AF signs, and I have had nothing since (my LO is almost 6 months). It could be you are still passing tissues, if there are large clots or you are really soaking pads you can call your OB to make sure.
:hugs:

Thanks AnnaSaRa. Likewise, I have no other AF symptoms and it's not as heavy as AF. I'll just how it goes for a few days and watch out next month in case it's AF. If I think there's anything strange, then I'll definitely see my doctor.

I had my first period at 8 weeks last time and conceived a couple of months later. I exclusively fed for six months and combi fed until 8 months.

My first AF was shorter, lighter and less painful than usual, so I wasn't sure like you as I had pp bleeding until 6 weeks. However, I had the same AF exactly 28 days later and then 28 days later again. After that, I was pregnant again, so was definitely AF.

I exclusively breast fed both my kids and still got my period. First one showed 4 weeks after post partum bleeding stopped and AF showed every 4 weeks after that unless I got pregnant. Not everyone is lucky enough to avoid AF's visits even if they are breast feeding.

I got my ad at exactly 8 weeks pl and I'm end. it was much lighter than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->