Period not normal for me anymore

monro84

Reaction score
I breast fed/pumped till he was about 9 and AF found me again a little over 9 months after he was born. I figured it was so heavy and hurt so much cause it took so long. He is my second. The first time I only went 10 or 12 weeks without AF. I started back May 17 this year but now still in Oct. it is still very heavy and lasts 7 or 8 days now with 5 being very heavy. I have gotten the ultra tampons and have gone threw 5 in a day the first few days in a few hrs one day it was a little over an hr. I have horrendus cramps now 5x 's worse then they were before I got pregnant with the second atleast Midol helped then. I now take 3 mortrin every 4 hrs for pain. I have my annual scheduled on the 1st of Nov. I have never had fibroids but maybe suspecting them. I have not on birthcontrol my husband had a vasectemy Dec of last year. I have not been on birth control since Oct 2014. I have stabbing pains when I have to use the bathroom too. I feel like I am getting a uti at certain time of the month. I also have bad cramps at certain time and its not cause I am ovulating. When I cramp the cramps shoot down my legs to my thighes.

Can anyone tell me if it sounds like fibroids or anyone have fibroids that can tell me what they experience?

I had a partial septate resected back in 2011 after 5 mc had one more mc then went on to have my first boy. After he was about 16 months we started trying again and almost immediatly got pregnant and had our second son. Both were vaginal births no complications during birth with either. During the septate dx I had a saline US before and after and scope surgery so never had any fibroids.

I have never had fibroids but know they can cause heavy bleeding. I've also noticed that my period after my second was getting heavier and heavier as each month rolled by. I got pregnant again after approx. four cycles so am not sure if it would have continued to get worse. Talk to your doctor and ask to be sent for a US to rule it out.

Also, I haven't tried this yet as I'm only five weeks postpartum but Ive read that taking 1 tbsp a day of unsulphured blackstrap molasses (must be that type) can reduce heavy bleeding, cramps and fibroids. Couldn't hurt to try?

It is definitely possible for your body to be undergoing changes unrelated to the end of breastfeeding. It is more common for people to experience a reduction in symptoms associated with their periods after having children (especially if they had pain or heavy bleeding before they had kids). Definitely get checked for endometriosis, fibroids etc.

Never had those, but it took 8 cycles for my periods to get back to normal ... well, still not completely the same as before but closer than they have been so far! Don't know if it is down to him finally reducing feeds. (periods came back at 6 weeks and I have a short cycle.)

I would see about getting checked out thou as that does seem pretty heavy for a long time.

My periods have always been a bit wonky after any change in my cycle, like births and when I miscarried. It took 6 months after my third miscarriage to conceive again because my body was still adjusting. My first period was really light and only lasted about 3 days. My second period was horrendous. It lasted 11 days and was super heavy the whole time. I just gave birth in August and had my first pp period around 7.5 weeks. It started out light, then became heavier and also lasted 11 days. It takes time for your hormones to balance back out after not having periods for a while. I also have endo though so my periods are typically a bit heavier. Have you ever discussed that with your doctor? It might be something to check into if your periods stay super heavy. BC can help make them lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->