Period Pains With BHs & Dizziness? 37 weeks

honeysuede

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondered if anyone else is having similar - last night I had bad period type cramps with BH contractions leading to having to go to the loo quite bad a few times. The cramps continued on & off for 2 hours then I feel asleep & woke this morning feeling bright as a button for the first time in a while. But I just finished my dinner and it has started again along with extreme dizziness and feeling faint which is passing now. Anyone else have this? With DS my labour started as period type cramps but this obviously isn't labour as it doesn't progress into anything:wacko:
xx

I had period pains and the need to go to the loo more on and off for the last few weeks. I would tell your midwife about dizziness and headaches in case its high blood pressure. Mine shot up about 5 weeks ago and I'm checked every 48 hours. Hope your feeling better x

Thanks for your reply :) it was only the one xase of dizziness but i think if it happens again i will seffo mention it when i see the midwife next minday. My blood pressure is usually quite low but i guess that can change! Hope the period pains and frequent loo trips are good progression xx

Yeah my blood pressure was 110/65 when I was first pregnant and then the last 5 weeks its been 120/75 120/85 130/85 150/90 etc lol. They are keeping at eye on the bottom number. It has to go up go 91 before they will test me any further lol.

I do sometimes get flashing lights. About once a week. My fingers go tingly too.

The period pains could mean baby has dropped or is engaging. My baby is engaged now and they have got stronger due to that. sounds as though baby is getting in the right place for you xx

I am out of breath and I feel faint when I am standing sometimes, like I need to sit down or lie down. It is worth buying a blood pressure meter because I discovered that my BP is really low these days. I have always had low BP. For example, the last time I felt faint my BP was 84/60. What helps is to drink a large glass of water and lie down for 10 to 15 minutes and then get up slowly.

That is extremely low! No wander you go faint. I would not bother buying one myself because the midwives will probably only go by there readings.

i have a swinging blood pressure. My midwife said it constantly goes up and down. If it hits 91 they will do bloods etc. It was 90 last week and they would not check me further. Now there checking me every other day. I had to ask them to start coming here as i am fed up of taxis and relying on people for lifts. They dont tell you whst time there coming though. Just say its between 9-5. So im sat here waiting lol. Bored. Be glad when its over x

That's terrible that they are wasting your time and making you come in every other day! Maybe you can tell them that these frequent trips are effecting your blood pressure and that they need to give you an appointment instead of expecting you to waste all day waiting for them.

Yeah there coming to my house wednesday. They have offered a membrane sweep but i dont think ill want go for it. Dont really want them messing about up there. Im so uncomfy down there and they dont always work

I have been waking up with horrid cramps lasting hrs on end, then they fade away by morning, no idea .... I'm wondering the same, I have been having severe dizzy spells lately too, my bp has been low, last dr apt 100/60. Dr said it's fine and not uncommon yet not exactly normal , if it comes with a headache to call or go in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->