Personality in utero vs after birth?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I am wondering if any other mothers have noticed a connection in personality in utero vs after birth. With my first son with all ultrasounds he was so easy, they told me no problem he was a boy, found everything fast and easy, and that's really his personality. He's so sweet, easy going, low maintenance...etc. This baby has been doing somersaults during ultrasounds, moving all over the place, turning away during the exams, ultrasounds take 3 times as long. Just curious if this may be a little hint into this next little one's personality or maybe not?

Thanks!

My second boy was none stop moving in my tummy woke me up every day at 5am ! He's a handful never sits still and always on the go sleeps thru but is an early bird lol x

My DS was calm, quiet and did what he was told in my tummy. Even during the birth which was long, involved things like the vacuum cup and then a c section my OB kept saying that he was so strong and his heart beat never wavered. Oh and he'd jump when he heard a loud sound (the bathtub plug always got him!) and he's exactly the same now! Stong, calm and the bathtub sound still makes him jump!

My kids are all exactly how I thought they would be based on how they acted in the womb. I think that connection we have with them gives us a lot of insight.

My daughter was all over the place jumping up and down and rolling around in my belly. She is exactly the same now, she can not sit still ever.

Oh I hope this isn't true! My little missy has been stubborn in utero, she has been naughty at all scans, she is awake late at night every night, she kicks me whenever she is unhappy and seems to be really content after food

So cool, I hope this is true, I love my little guy's personality so much already! He is active during ultrasounds always entertaining me and making me laugh and yet he cooperates fully for measurements and gender determination. He makes me laugh by kicking the doppler when I listen to his heart and one day after an upsetting appointment with the doctor he kicked like crazy as if to say "see Mama I'm fine!" :cloud9:

I was thinking about this as I logged onto b and b today.
My dd was always moving in my tummy, somersaulting, kicking and never being still. She is the same now. She's not a sleeper and doesn't stop moving.

This baby seems a bit sleepier and is more relaxed on scans. I hope this baby is sleepy because dd at 2.5 still wakes in the night.

Ok TMI but I just had alot of wind and think he scared the little guy he started kicking like mad , I can't stop laughing

I've been wondering this too. This is my first. She has been nothing but active in there, kicking and turning and constantly moving. Our 21 week scan took over an hour and a half because she just plain wouldn't cooperate, and wouldn't give us a potty shot until the very very end. There was one point where we were trying to get the potty shot and she actually extended her legs and jumped off me like a frog! Everyone I talk to about it says that she's going to be just like that after birth!

My first was so active and I would wake up sore on the sides because of all the kicks and he's soooo hyper!! he never sits even when watching cartoons he is up on his feet jumping up and down!
my third was so calm in my tummy and he really is a calm boy! he can lay next to me for a long time with out moving around and likes to relax next to me all the time

That is funny, my baby is pretty active, although less so at night. I really think he'll be a morning person. He seems to like it when I'm out with other people. He is super active when I'm talking and being social, I feel like he is going to like being around people :) I love him so much already :cloud9:

Ok TMI but I just had alot of wind and think he scared the little guy he started kicking like mad , I can't stop laughing

hahahahha too funny. My fiance can be pretty obnoxious at times (in an enjoyable way lol) and he made a loud laughing noise today and LO started kicking around. I think he's gonna be just like daddy...uh ohh...

I've been thinking about this too. This whole pregnancy has been different from my daughter's, down to the way he moves. They are both wiggleworms and give the ultrasound techs a hard time but my daughter was way worse haha. He also kicks a lot more gently and doesn't roll around nearly as much. My daughter is tiny and dainty but she is like a tornado, she destroys everything and has endless energy and climbs like a monkey lmao. And she was much more violent in the womb, too, than my son is. She also reacted a lot to music and he doesn't, at least not yet. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->