Petrified of people pinching my baby name first,

shel030785

Mummy & Expecting #2
Reaction score
Anyone else?

I have quite a few friends all pregnant at the same time as me.. A few due before me, I have this re-occuring nightmare that they are going to use my baby name first so I cant use it!

Iv kept my baby names secret as I want it to be a suprise, so I know that the chances are slim, but Id be totally gutted if they announced and it was my baby name!

Has everyone else shared there names or kept them secret?
:wacko:

Over the years THREE of my baby names have been stolen.

Granted, they had babies before me but I'd told them the names I liked and then they had boys names them!
So frustrating.

So this time I named my baby very early on as we were adamant we wanted this one particular name.

My cousin expressed an interest in the name we had picked for a boy if we had a girl and I prayed we'd have a boy so she couldn't steal it! Haha

I shared my names with my cousin n his gf who are expecting twins.. They find out what they have next Wednesday... We told the what names we had chose n are set in stone with Reuben for a boy n Darcy rose for a girl.. They chose something totally different and have now decided that if they have twin boys they want one to be called Reuben!!! I'm soooo wound up so is my oh as they scoffed us when we mentioned it to them.... So if I was you Deffo keep it hush hush xx

Quite a few years ago my friend was pregnant and we were talking about names. I told her the only ONE name DH and I would agree on for a girl (when/if we had one) and what does she do? She has a baby girl and uses that name! She spelt it really weird, but it was still OUR name! Our daughter was born just over 5 years later and by this time we had completely changed our minds anyway, but this was a lesson learned for me! No sharing until bubs is born!

Everyone knows our name and that we are not budging. So if they want to steal thy can but were still using it.

Noooooo def not sharing before bubs is born!!
I made the mistake last time after ds was born of sharing what would have been our girls name with a 'friend' lo and behold what comes out as her fave name if her baby is a girl!! I ws livid, i'd told her it was quite literally the only girls name me and hubs could agree on and that we would use it for bubs number 2 should that be a girl and she still intended on nicking it! I told her again that i would be using it for this baby whether she did or not and she changed her mind!
I know it may seem petty to some but i really have no time for name stealers, its just a horrible thing to do to someone!
If you dont tell and someone picks your name before then its a totally different matter, just an unfortunate coincidence and nothing you can do about it.

i had a friend steal my name for a girl i was sooo pissed shes like its different cause i spelt sophia like this and yours was sofia i was like WTF is the difference its still the name i choose (with my last pregnancy) anyways i mc'd but im still mad at her

I shared this go around because I am in this pregnancy alone. No friends no family that are having kids at this moment. Once we found out we are having a girl, we told everyone her name is Claire. The thing is even if my friends or relatives did steal the name I wouldn't care. It would piss me off but damn it my kid is still going to be named what DH and I picked out. The thing is too with most of our family we are the 'baby' of the group and most are already done having kids. The other group is still in school so the odds of them having a child at the moment is slim. And for friends, well one of them fixed himself since he wants no kids, and the others just aren't at that stage yet. So we're lucky for that this go around.

Mine is definitly different. I wont even share it on here!! Lol

The trick is to have such bizarre taste in names that no one would ever steal from you.

I refuse to share my name this time. With anyone.

Not only because I don't want it stollen, but because I don't want to hear people's opinions on the names we have choses.
A person would be incredibly stupid to express a dislike for a name once baby is born lol.

I'm a bit worried as a school friend of mine has a toddler with our baby girl name choice. I've had this name picked out for a girl since my teens but I'm worried she will think I'm copying her.....

I do have another girls name I love but DH says It's too old fashioned. Guess I have 23 weeks ish to convince him otherwise lol

I've had this many times over the yrs as we were TTC for 12yrs and almost "lost" my boy name to a close friend a few weeks ago. My friend is about to pop with her LG and she'd already told me her no1 name so I told her mine a few days ago. Her reaction wasn't what I expected so now I'm worried she's changed her mind to something similar. I guess I'll found out this weekend when she's induced!

Kept them secret, nobody other than me and OH knew until after the birth!

I found out I was pregnant a few weeks before my friend had her baby. She had a boy and named him Alfie, and I was devastated. I've ALWAYS wanted to call a son Alfie. Thankfully I had a girl though! I don't really like any other boys names, so I have no idea what we'd call a boy if we had one in the future! :haha:

Dont tell anyone... its that simple

however you do have to understand coincidences happen especially with popular names like: isabelle, sophia, emily, oliver, jack, harry etc...

my chosen names are all American but we live in the UK so there unusual so not much chance of a coincidence occurring the only possible coincidence name was Jake and i still only know one other child with that name and my son is 3 years older than that child

I've shared our names though we aren't even TTC yet but the only people I've shared with are not pregnant, and its not likely they will be in the future so I'm hoping we are good :) I will share our potential girl name because it is after my grandmother, so I would hope people would be considerate enough not to steal, but our boys name is more unusual, and I think I'll refrain from sharing it with non family

We wanted to call a girl Maisie when I was pregnant. My sil bought a cat and named it Maisie lol! Luckily all is fine anyway as we had a boy and named him Archie. I love his name so much and it suits him perfectly :0)

Unless it was family I couldn't give a toss if someone else used my baby name, I'd still name my baby it too, friends can have children with the same name, it wouldn't bother me.

Ah.. I'm not worried at all lol. My very close cousin is also pregnant she's a few weeks ahead of me and Ive already told her my favorite names. It doesn't bother me, If anything I'll probably change mind mind again and again before baby is due.

I have told people my kids names as they are older now, their names are all unique for a reason. But, I don't think it matters to others because they will name their babies after my kids and think I should be ok with it since they are older and it still ticks me off so I no longer tell people until after the baby comes. So I think it depends on the person. (long rant:blush:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->