piano lessons k-1

carol572

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am a mother of two: a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old

boy. They both go to private schools where they do music.

Since I don't have a musical background, I am not quite

sure if it is important to also start them on piano lessons. I

would really appreciate some experienced advice as to

what you consider beneficial in taking piano lessons for

children.

Thank you so much for your time and input.

Caroline

I think if they're interested it can help with confidence to learn how to play an instrument. I really enjoyed it as a child. I don't see the point in forcing it though, and if my son doesn't want to, he won't be learning anything.

well it's not absolutely vital or anything. I had piano lessons from the age of 8 until 18 and I enjoyed them, but I haven't touched a piano now in about 10 years. There's no room for one in my house and it has served me no great purpose in my adult life at all. It's just something I did once-upon-a-time lol

Simple answer is if they want to go I would let them, but I wouldn't just send my kids to piano lessons if they had never expressed an interest.

If they are interested then yes send the but if they're not then it really won't benefit them.

I was a piano teacher so of course I'm all for piano lessons. :winkwink: But sometimes you can get "trial" lessons or a few weeks to introduce the instrument to your kids and then at the end of the period you can see if they want to continue. They won't know if they don't try it really. Also I would see if you can meet some teachers first. See which ones will fit with your kids the best. A good teacher can do a long way. Basically some benefits I've seen are an increase in focus in the kids, they are able to sit and persevere longer. They also show pride in what they have learned. But some kids do get frustrated when they can't do what they would like right away. You know your kids best though.

My 6 year old is in piano lessons and really enjoys them at times, and gets very frustrated at others. He begged for them lol. He's a quick learner, but I find at his age not too interested on the finer points of finishing the pieces he's assigned. But since he likes it I don't mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->