pic included FRDO and CBFM

P

prettynpink29

Hello Girls!

I need your help!! I am posting this in 2 sections hoping to get some help:)

I bought the new first response digital ovualtion tests (FRDO) and am confused by how to read them.. I am on cd10 and I took a cbfm stick to compare, but the FRDO only has one line:shrug: It like there is not control line... Only an LH line.. I attached photos so here they are! If anyone has any experience with them or knows about them please help:):)

I took some pictures with the FRDO test together and apart. These things are a mystery to me!!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 22
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 14
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
Maybe it's just less sensitive, so only the control line is showing?? :shrug: Not sure, I haven't used those. Hope you get some answers!!

Thanks! I called the number in the instructions and the lady said "your not suppose to read the lines" LOL I know that but I am a POASA!!! I pushed and pushed and she finally told me that she is not suppose to tell people this but there is only 1 line and they are more sensitive than other ovulation tests.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I really want to see a picture of a positive tests!!:)

Ooooh, interesting. So, what does the digital readout show, is it a smilie or circle like Clearblue Digis?? I might need to buy some, just to investigate. :haha:

FRDO shows a +yes or a -no for LH surge.. They sure are interesting, not sure if I like them yet! LOL

Sounds cool. I was just on FR website reading about them, and it says how it learns your levels which helps detect pos or negative. Pretty crazy! Doesn't sound like it would work for someone with long cycles like me though, since I don't think you could use more than the 20 sticks with 1 digital reader. Boo. Someone's review said that they didn't like them because one you get a "yes", the reader turns off and won't reset, so you can't keep testing. :shrug:

Yes! You are exactly rite! Which is why I haven't even used the reader yet LOL. I am just experimenting with them this cycle.. I don't even think that I will ovulate this cycle without clomid. I will definitely not buy them again! But I can "read" cbd lines without putting them in the reader, so figured that you could do the same thing with these.

:haha: Too funny!! Why is it that when we are TTC we suddenly become scientists and do all kinds of crazy experiments?!?!

So I'm just reading your sig and see that you won't be on Clomid this cycle b/c of your cyst. I'm sorry to hear that. :( Forgive my ignorance - is the cyst caused by your "Interstitial cystitis"?? Were you ovulating before being diagnosed with that and endo??

haha! I know i am a scientist now!! LOL

The cyst was caused from the clomid.. Not sure why, but I guess it can just happen. I have a history with cysts, which could be my ovulation problem also.

Interstitial Cystitis (also known as IC) is a condition of the bladder. Its common if you have endo to also have IC. I just means that I have "slits" all over the inside of my bladder, kind of like if you have a paper cut on your finger and if you put salt on it, it will burn and itch.. I have to avoid certain foods and take aloe vera tablets for it. It doesn't have anything to do with TTC, just another thing I have LOL!

As far as ovulation I am not sure.. I was put on BCP when I was 15 for severe pain and then I had my first surgery at 18 and found out I had stage 2 endo. I was not ready at 18 to TTC. So we waited an then I had to have another surgery at age 20 and found out my endo had gone to stage 4. I did get pregnant on BCP 1 year ago (it wasn't planned obviously) but sadly it ended in a miscarriage. This is when things got serious..

So anyways (sorry for the long post! LOL) we really have no clue what my cycles are going to be like.. When we decided to TTC in Feb and I stopped the pill, I had no clue what to expect.. I bleed pretty much all of March, April, May and June and the end of June had to have a procedure to stop the bleeding.. Then I was immediately put on clomid..

That is my story! What is yours?:)

Hmm. Well I hope Clomid does the trick for you, or you ovulate on your own this cycle!!

My story is pretty boring. Hehe. I got married in Oct and stopped bcp right after we got back from our honeymoon. Since then my cycles have been long and irregular, 37-61 days. I've had a total of 5 cycles in about 10 months. I had a dr appt in June, where she ordered cd21 bloodwork (everything came back normal, other than showing I didn't ovulate), gave me everything for hubby to get a SA (which we're hopefully doing next week), and told me to chart for 3 months and come back in September. My 2 shortest cycles I got positive opks, but my last cycle (which was 61 days) I didn't, and I haven't this cycle. I've started getting some cramps this afternoon, so I'm hoping that this cycle is coming to an end. So anyway, I'm thinking that when I go back in September, there's a good chance I will be put on something to help me ovulate.

I have IC too, though I've not been diagnosed with endimetriosis.

I do Elmiron instills for treatment - do you manage yours through diet only?

I have IC too, though I've not been diagnosed with endimetriosis.

I do Elmiron instills for treatment - do you manage yours through diet only?

Hello Margerle! You are the first person on here that I have met who also has IC! I took Elmiron for 1 1/2 years and it didn't seem to ever help or make a difference.. When I switched insurance the beginning of this year my portion of it went from $40 to $100 so I stopped taking it.. Rite around that time is when i started taking a "holistic" approach in most ways.. I started to take aloe vera tables, you can get them at any health food store for around 7 dollars. The aloe vera tables help so much more than the expensive Elmiron! LOL I do manage my diet also. I stay away from acidy foods as well as meat (I am a vegetarian now) and that seems to help a lot also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->