• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Picked up my pool today!

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I'm getting so excited, but also a little nervous, as although it's my 4th birth, it'll be my first home birth. I'm looking forward to, not just meeting my baby, but also to having the experience of birthing at home. I wanted to do it with my last baby, but my then husband wouldn't allow it.

I'm getting sick and tired of people trying to talk me out of it though. People are so unsupportive and so pushy when they follow the herd and don't do their own research.

First, they tried to talk me out of it telling me I'll have the same experience I had with my son (he stopped breathing when he was 3 hours old) and told me I will regret it when my baby dies because I'm not in the hospital. They were already pissed at me for leaving the hospital 3 hours after giving birth with my third child. My son was my second. When I told them I was not concerned, because if anything goes wrong, the paramedic bay is on my street, and the hospital 5 minutes away, and there will be three people with neonatal resusitation training, 4 including myself, IF anything goes wrong, they scoffed and said I better hope the ambulance can get there in time.

Then they kind of dropped it until recently, and now my mom specifically tries to talk me out of a home birth...why? "Why would you want to clean up the mess when you can push him out in a hospital and just leave the mess there for someone else to clean up?"

Because, really, the extent of a mess with a home water birth will be what...a few towels worth of laundry, sumping out a pool, and then wiping it down and putting it away when I'm recovered? Seems like less of a mess than a hospital birth to me.

I mean, really...the reasons they come up with to talk me out of a home birth are absolutely ridiculous!

Not to mention the MRSA going around my local hospital right now..I don't want to risk exposing my newborn baby to that!

Anyway...vent over. 13 days to my due date. Had a sweep done today, practiced blowing up the pool today and can't wait to meet my little man!

Stop talking to the negative people and breathe. your body, your baby, your birth, your choice!.

Agreed! And home birth mess is totally not a big deal. Often times your midwives or doula will clean it up before you even notice. She should be offering to help out afterwards, not criticizing your choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->