Pilates anyone?

MrS. MaBrEy

Homeschool mom of 2
Reaction score
I did pilates yesterday. Just a 45 minute moderate workout. I didnt use the bands or anything. I thought it would be just a great stretch and WOAH was i wrong! My body is SCreaminG! Haha. I am feeling great though except for my core making me feel like i have to pee all the time. Anyone else obsessed after only a few tries? Who else is loving it?!

I am a Pilates instructor and teach 2-3 classes a day. Its fab for pregnant ladies and everyone infact.

Try and go to a Pilates class using a fitness ball, really good and great for us too. I plan to teach until I give birth, as it gentle, amkes you feel good, will help lower back pain later on in pregnancy and will no doubt help in labour too.

Do you modify for pregnancy? The workout i did engaged my core SO much and had alot of rolling and bending at the waist. Do you just skip what your new shape wont let you do?

More or less. As you get bigger, you can't do much supine work, lying on your front and also many are advised not to do things lying on your back too, but I always advise that you can do what you are comfortable with. Get a book or a DVD and that will explain or if see if you can attend special Pilates for pregnancy, which is what i teach twice a week.
You can modify most exercises and your core is pretty much engaged throughout a pilates class and won't harm the baby.

Good luck and keep up with Pilates, its fab and makes you feel so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->