Pineapple!?? Help...

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
Omg I've been eating pineapple these past few weeks on and off as I've been craving it but I read that it can soften the cervix and induce labour! I'm so annoyed that this is another thing that I can't eat or scares me out of eating.. It wouldn't have caused any harm would it? Ffs :(

You're fine. You'd need to eat something like 7 fresh pineapples in a day for it to have any effect at all and even then it's more of a "may be" than a "will be".

Oh ok thanks :) I've only been eating a few chunks, maybe half a tin or so..

As said, you would have to eat mountains of it, plus eat the hard core as that's where the enzyme is found! I definitely ate pineapple throughout my last pregnancy

Thanks ladies that makes sense as it's the bromelain that does it so I don't think I'll be eating that amount! Don't think my poor stomach could handle it :D

My friend had a pineapple a day when she was overdue with her ds. Still ended up being induced! But yes to be super safe avoid the core xx

Wow, never knew that! Good to know if I go overdue - eat pineapple core! haha

But I don't think I could eat 7 pineapples in a day - my tongue would fall off. :haha:

Wow, never knew that! Good to know if I go overdue - eat pineapple core! haha

But I don't think I could eat 7 pineapples in a day - my tongue would fall off. :haha:

Haha! My tongue would fall off aswel and probably my luck get gestational diabetes too xD x

With Tessa I ordered bromelain extract to take towards the, end never used it cause she was ELCS so I've a whole brand new bottle waiting for this one!!

I hate pineapple but like the idea of the benefits!

You're fine. You'd need to eat something like 7 fresh pineapples in a day for it to have any effect at all and even then it's more of a "may be" than a "will be".

^^ this :) I ate 3 pineapples, one right after the other, when I was 38 weeks along with my second and was already partially effaced and starting to dilate, definitely ready for labor. It didn't do anything, and I DOUBT you're even eating 3 pineapples. haha. I wouldn't buy it as a labor technique when you get to that stage, and I'm positive that it won't cause a problem now. :)

your body also has to be ready to go into labor for it to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->