pink patch on nipple - related to breastfeeding

louise0501

Reaction score
Hi there last night i was breastfeeding my 6 week old son and i noticed just under my nipple is a pink patch, it looks like nipple has discoloured. Has anyone experienced this befire? im really scares as i googled and breast cancer xame up so im crying and really worried now. Any ideas if this is related to breast feeding though?

Please reply
love louise xxx

I have a pink patch that has been on my left nipple since starting breastfeeding 9 months ago. It looks kind of like a scar, and sometimes gets sore so I apply nipple cream. Also, I had thrush which didn't help it, so while that has now gone, it's still pink.

Honestly don't panic. The chances of it being breast cancer are next to 0. It's highly highly rare for lactating women to get it. I had a giant lump in my boob a few months back and I was convinced I was going to die! I spoke to the breast consultant and even before any tests he told me how highly unlikely it was to find cancer in breastfeeding women. Mine turned out to be a nasty breast abscess sadly! You're sounds like a natural discolouration due to breastfeeding. Maybe an area where bubs puts a lot of pressure so its more "worn"? I know its hard not to panic but try and be calm. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->