PIO question

amanda1235

Reaction score
Hey! Anyone who's done PIO, how do you position yourself for the injection? I've only done it lying down on my stomach, but it's starting to hurt like hell. Stings, burns, and I'm in tears afterwards. My husband seems to think that standing over something would be better, but I'm afraid it'll hurt more.
Anyone with experience wanna share?
Thanks!!

Hi Amanda - I inject PIO standing up in front of the bathroom mirror. I position myself by standing side ways (leaning against the sink counter) and bearing my weight on the side I'm not injecting. That seems to relax the muscle. The mirror will help with guiding the needle to the right spot. Before I do this, I apply a cold pack for 15 minutes to the injection site. This will numb the area real good. You won't feel a thing, trust me. Inject the PIO slowly and wait 10 seconds before pulling the needle out. Apply a heat pack/pad after and gently massage, so that the PIO can absorb into your muscle easier. If you have some bleeding just apply pressure with a paper towel or tissue until it stops and then apply the heat. A small amount of blood is normal, so don't be alarmed.

P.S. Make sure to rotate your injection sites. This will give your muscles time to rest. If you inject only on one side it can cause redness, bruising and lumps. I hope this helps with alleviating your pain. You can do it!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->