• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Placenta accreta/placenta previa/ELCS

Pearlie

Reaction score
Anybody had these?

My consultant told me my placenta is right in front of my previous section scar & cervix, I'm being re-scanned at 32 weeks to see if it's moved, but I'm not feeling hopeful as baby's in the same place.

He said chances of a vbac for me are low, because of a- the placenta position, and b-chance lowers after a section and c-it lowers again because of the REASON for my section, I'm happy to have a planned section this time BUT if the placenta has not moved, how will this work? They won't be able to re-open the scar surely if the placenta is there?

Then also the chance that the placenta is fused to the previous scar tissue... I'm quite bad for not scarring well & last section was a mess.. Pretty terrified it's fused together. Anyone any experience of any of this?

I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but I have an anterior placenta that has not moved up since 20wk scan and now at 30wks is touching my cervix. I understand that if it is still like this later on I will need a c-section and I believe they will have to cut through the placenta?

I recently had placenta previa with my third baby and my placenta was anterior. I think to be honest that would be a fairly straight forward c section but if it's fused to your previous scar that would make it more complicated.

My consultant appointment never happened after my 32 scan as it got lost in the paperwork and my midwife was rubbish so i was never spoken to about the risks of placenta previa but it can be very dangerous do please make sure you ask your midwife about it. I ended up having an emergency c section as I started bleeding and they couldn't stop it and then baby spent 2 weeks in scbu

I'll be having a section anyway.. But on top of that just wondering how they go in if the placenta hasn't moved up & is still behind the scar.. Surely that would just rupture the placenta before the baby is out? I'm hopeful it's moved up.. Find out in 5 weeks.. But still.. Worries me! It's still anterior which is ok if it moves up!
If it attaches to scar tissue.. I have zero idea what happens?

My placenta was anterior when I had my c section and it was never even mentioned. My scar is along my bikini line like a typical c section scar. From what I've read they cut through the placenta to get to baby but they be wrong. I think as long as they know about beforehand they are prepared for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->