Placenta anterior - any experience ?

ProudMomma2Be

Reaction score
Hello,

I had my first app with my doctor today ( at 11 weeks ) . She could not find the HB with doppler so she brought u/s machine and we saw the baby :baby:but she said it looks like I have placenta anterior :shrug:

The us machine was pretty simple, it's there just to look at the HB if they cannot hear it so I am scheduled for a proper scan and because she was not sure about that I didn't even think about asking any questions and now I feel stupid :dohh:

Sooo I was wondering if any for you have any kind of experience good or bad .
Hope for more good experiences :thumbup:
Like how was your pregnancy , when did you start feeling the baby , did you have smaller bump than it's usual , how was your delivery ? Any complications ?

My son had single umbilical artery so I had enough complications with my first pregnancy and I was hoping everything is going to go well this time :shrug:

I will appreciate any kind of information anyone can give me :thumbup::flower:

Mine is anterior this pregnancy and was last time too. I'm 24 weeks now and can feel loads of movement all the time but my Dh can't often feel them from the outside. I started feeling them bout 16 weeks. My bump was pretty big last time but my belly button stayed in not out and I wondered if that was due to where placenta was but I don't know if it was

Mine is anterior this pregnancy and was last time too. I'm 24 weeks now and can feel loads of movement all the time but my Dh can't often feel them from the outside. I started feeling them bout 16 weeks. My bump was pretty big last time but my belly button stayed in not out and I wondered if that was due to where placenta was but I don't know if it was

My belly button stayed in with my son and he had regular placenta position :shrug:
I don't like the idea of waiting so long to feel the movement :cry:
How was your labor ? Did everything went without any complications ?
Is it true the placenta can still move ? Did the doctors tell you anything like that ?

My Labour was complicated but nothing to do with placenta just a big baby that turned awkwardly. Yes your placenta can move to some extent as your uterus grows but I don't think it moves loads. I think you feel movement quicker with second coz you know what your feeling and my consultant said it was a myth that you feel less if you have an ant placenta anyway :) don't worry it's certainly not a problem place to be. They are only worried if it chooses to grow over or very close to the exit!

My Labour was complicated but nothing to do with placenta just a big baby that turned awkwardly. Yes your placenta can move to some extent as your uterus grows but I don't think it moves loads. I think you feel movement quicker with second coz you know what your feeling and my consultant said it was a myth that you feel less if you have an ant placenta anyway :) don't worry it's certainly not a problem place to be. They are only worried if it chooses to grow over or very close to the exit!

Well I felt flutters with my son around 10 weeks and I am little bit over 11 weeks this time and not feeling anything yet :shrug:
I am glad everything ( except long labor ) went well .
I should find out more at my official scan .
Thank you for your replies :flower:

I have an AP, not sure on the placement of it though.

I felt flutters/popping at 15 weeks and proper kicks at about 17/18 weeks.
My bump is tiny but I've always been quite small and it's my first so I guess my tummy muscles will be doing a good job.

I've had no problems so far :)

I have an AP, not sure on the placement of it though.

I felt flutters/popping at 15 weeks and proper kicks at about 17/18 weeks.
My bump is tiny but I've always been quite small and it's my first so I guess my tummy muscles will be doing a good job.

I've had no problems so far :)

Your scan pic is awesome :baby:
Thank you for your reply . Makes me feel more hopeful with the movements :thumbup:

Thank you :D

I hope your AP doesn't affect movements for you!

Placentas can be anterior or posterior. It's just front or back, it's like saying its on the left or right and definitely not a complication! 50% of placentas are posterior and 50% anterior it just depends what side of the uterus the egg implants.
I had an anterior with my son, your bump will be a bit bigger, and I first felt him around 16 weeks.

Placentas can be anterior or posterior. It's just front or back, it's like saying its on the left or right and definitely not a complication! 50% of placentas are posterior and 50% anterior it just depends what side of the uterus the egg implants.
I had an anterior with my son, your bump will be a bit bigger, and I first felt him around 16 weeks.

Really ? Because I was reading the bump should be smaller and I was confused because I am only 11 weeks and I look how I did with my son at 6 months:haha:

That was the only thing that I didn't like you know . The movement so late but as I can see it depend on person and I guess where exactly the placenta is :shrug:

I hope I am going to be lucky and feel the baby soon :happydance:

Thank you so much :flower:

My bump is tiny, I don't think whether you have AP or PP makes much difference its a lot of different things like your size before, whether your uterus is tilted or not, how strong your tummy muscles are, how many kids you've already had and how much crap you eat :haha:
I jus think everyone is different! X

This is my second time with AP. I felt first flutters with this baby two days ago but no kicks yet, will probably be several weeks before regular kicks.

Mine was very low with DD so that was a problem - I had to have scans every two weeks to see if it was moving up out of the way of the cervix. At week 39 doctors decided it had moved enough out of the way to go for vaginal birth but after a long labour I had a section anyway - I do wonder if the placenta affected things.

If your placenta is anterior but high up then it shouldn't cause any problems at all.

Placenta can't move from front to back but it can move up. Think of if you put a sticker on a balloon - when you blow the balloon up the sticker will move higher up so even a low-ish placenta doesn't have to be a problem.

I hope this helps.

This is my second time with AP. I felt first flutters with this baby two days ago but no kicks yet, will probably be several weeks before regular kicks.

Mine was very low with DD so that was a problem - I had to have scans every two weeks to see if it was moving up out of the way of the cervix. At week 39 doctors decided it had moved enough out of the way to go for vaginal birth but after a long labour I had a section anyway - I do wonder if the placenta affected things.

If your placenta is anterior but high up then it shouldn't cause any problems at all.

Placenta can't move from front to back but it can move up. Think of if you put a sticker on a balloon - when you blow the balloon up the sticker will move higher up so even a low-ish placenta doesn't have to be a problem.

I hope this helps.

Thank you , I am going to have scan this weeks so I will ask about this further :thumbup:
The doctor wasn't sure about it . All she said was ... It looks like the placenta is anterior :shrug:
So will see , thank you :flower:

i have an anterior placenta and felt flutters at 14 weeks, kicks by 17 weeks and kicks from the outside at 19+6. i've felt plenty of movement :) i have a huge bump but i don't know if that has anything to do with the position of my placenta :shrug:

The only time the placenta location is a problem is a placenta previa, that's when it's covering the cervix so baby can't get out without tearing it.

I had an AP with my first LO and in this pregnancy it's posterior. I feel more movements this time round but that could be due to a second pregnancy as well as the placenta position. There's no real difference as to the size of my bumps, they're much the same

I had an anterior placenta with lo. It was fine I never had any issues with my home doppler or at the Dr's.
My scans were clear and I felt movement from 17 weeks.
My bump was quite big.
I delivered at 35 weeks but that was not due to the anterior placenta.

I have an anterior placenta. I started feeling proper movements at maybe 20-21 weeks, but I did feel little flutters before that I wasn't sure what they were. Even now when I'm being monitored at the clinic, A LOT of the movement is filtered by the placenta. But I still do feel enough movement so it's not like I would tend to worry about baby's activity level. My ob normally comments that my bump size is a bit smaller than average, but also said that US is showing that baby is a bit smaller than average in size (but also added that these things can be inaccurate so not to worry as long as baby is showing growth). And also my bellybutton is partially out.

I don't think there are any complications to having an anterior placenta. It's just where it is. My earlier complications were that the placenta was low-lying but as I understand it, it could happen to both an anterior or posterior placenta.

I have it this time, according to all my ultrasounds baby is super active but I've only felt him/her twice. I was feeling plenty of movement with my 2nd from 14 weeks.
The only thing it really effects is feeling movement and even then sometimes people can still feel bubs easy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->