Placenta Encapsulation

Rebecca_B

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I never really read any info on ingesting your placenta but i was aware that there are lots of nutrients in it.

I always had the thought that it would be a messy complicated thing to convert to capsules and i dislike liver so cooking and eating was never something i spent long contemplating.

On the 'homebirth hopefuls' facebook page i read about several ladies that were raving about their own personal benefits from smoothies and encapsulation.

I have to say i was then very interested as with both my boys births i felt like i was recovering from a severe illness. Weak, low mood, sad, over whelming, shaky and general malaise. This would not really lift for 6-8 wks or more and my body had felt like it had been through a mangle.

I put it down to the physical act of labour (like running a 25k marathon) hormones and sleep deprivation, and yet not EVERYONE feels quite that bad?

I have decided to give the encapsulation a go this time. Recipe obtained from the facebook page.

It will be very interesting if i feel my recovery time significantly reduced by the healing qualities expressed by the ladies already doing it.

I'll keep you informed!

Just need to birth my little lady out! (40wks+3 today)

Ok I have to be honest. The whole idea of eating it totally grosses me out. But I have seen cats give birth and I remember seeing them eat it. Clearly they must know something that we don't, but in my mind it still feels like cannibalism. However, that being said I haven't ruled encapsulation out. In fact I am intrigued by it. I am contemplating listening to my inner cat on this, and I would love to hear how it works out for you. Please keep us posted!

I think that's great. I plan to make a few smoothies out of mine and encapsulate the rest. If you haven't already, check out the IPEN website.

https://placentanetwork.com/

Also, if you have the extra money and you don't think you want to do it yourself, you can hire someone to do it for you. Personally, this is what I'll be doing as I don't think I'm going to feel like messing around with a placenta when I want to be with my baby. It's a bit expensive (for us) but worth it, I think.

I'd love to hear how it goes for you!

I did this :)

I had a smoothie about an hour after the birth, and then encapsulated the placenta the day after. Best. Thing. Ever.

I cannot describe how amazing I felt - completely different to after my oldest son's birth - and I can't recommend it enough!

I encapsulated my last son's and so glad I did. I had PPD with my first, insomnia, physical exhaustion, it was a crappy postpartum. Then with my second it was completely opposite. I'm doing the smoothie and encapsulating next time again. I have also been encapsulating for 3 years for other women and only positive stories I get from them.

I did this :)

I had a smoothie about an hour after the birth, and then encapsulated the placenta the day after. Best. Thing. Ever.

I cannot describe how amazing I felt - completely different to after my oldest son's birth - and I can't recommend it enough!

i'm planning to have my midwife do the encapsulation, but haven't heard about the smoothie an hour after birth. BIG question for me: what did it taste like?

thanks!

I used strawberries, raspberries, half a banana, and a glass of milk. There was a large chunk of placenta too of course! Whizzed it up in the blender, braced myself..... It tasted great! Couldn't taste anything other than the fruit :lol: I was worried it would taste 'meaty' but it was lovely!

I was bleeding really heavily after the birth, and it all but stopped within about fifteen minutes of having the smoothie :thumbup:

wow - that is great - thanks!

something to discuss with my midwife :)

This is so interesting - I'm definatly going to look into having someone encapsulate for me (won't be telling anyone though as I can imagine the horrified faces!)
I have a history of depression and can't see the harm in trying it out - hopefully there's no placenta reflux - eek!

It's well worth the money to get someone to do it. I DIYed one and it's a loooooong ting!

I love the idea of encapsulation. It's definitely something I would love to do if I could find someone to do it for me.

I've always known I would do placenta encapsulation and my husband has been super supportive (but still completely grossed out by the idea). I made him watch that Channel 4 show 'How to Be a Good Mother' (with the really annoying presenter!). It showed a woman who does encapsulation and makes smoothies. He was really freaked out to watch it because he just doesn't like the sight of blood, but actually he saw it all being made (she showed how you steam it and dehydrate it) and said it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought. So he's not even grossed out anymore and said it seems so much more pleasant that he thought it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->