Placental Calcification @ 35 weeks

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I went to see a dr (not my regular one) to inquire about relief for spd-like pains. She checked baby's position and did a u/s. Said placenta is starting to be calcified and advised me to do kick counts. I actually hardly feel baby these days and when I do they're barely stretches and not proper kicks (does stretching count?).

Anyway...is it normal that there's already some calcification shown on ultrasound? Anyone else had this things turned out okay?

Mine wasn't exactly the same since my son was born much earlier than you are now (29weeks). But when they looked at placenta after delivery they saw it was more calcified than it should be that early on (doc said it calcified as pregnancy goes on). It wasn't the reason for the preterm birth but just something interesting they observed. Anyways, everything turned out fine here and my son was a good weight for his early age and now a healthy 2 year old.

As for baby kicks, I don't have an answer. It can't hurt to call your docs office to ask them that question.

I don't know about the calcification but I am still feeling my little guy as much as ever. It isn't the sharp jabs, more the stretches and dragging his body parts across my insides, but he is just as active in number and hours per day. From all of the other posts on here, if things have changed drastically in amount of movement, it is best to get checked by your doctor?

Once I started properly doing kick counts and paying attention, I realized baby is moving a lot still. My 36 week appointment following my growth scan is tomorrow...I'll see what they say about the calcification and if it was seen on the growth scan.

It is normal for the placenta to start becoming calcified because it is at the end of the pregnancy. The most important part is just watching the movements and kicks of your LO. If they drop, they will usually recommend getting the baby out. My friend just went through that as well, and the doctor recommended lots and lots of fluids, and watching the activity level. She has a healthy little girl!

I had a calcifying placenta first seen at 33 weeks (I think). It made me very nervous, but all was fine! My dr started doing weekly scans, and it did not really deteriorate past a certain point, so did not cause any issues. I delivered a healthy baby at 38 weeks.

I think everyone should pay careful attention to movement :) see what your dr says about how they want to monitor things. good luck with these last few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->