placental encapsulation

meli1981

D, me, and our crazy 3!
Reaction score
hi! so i just wanted experiences of anyone who has done this. what did it do for you, did it speed up your recovery etc? i suffered from ppd with both my babes as well as my miscarriage and even though im on antidepressants i still think it will help. im pretty sure im going to do it, but just wanted experiences!:)

Hi Meli, no personal experience but there's a lady on here username Kota she knows a lot about this I think.

I've heard it can be good for avoiding ppd. Good luck x

thanks for responding! i guess its not such a popular thing!

Hi meli, I previously posted about this in pregnancy club! Im really interested in placental encapsulation too, I dont have any experience in it as I didnt do it with my DD but ive read alot about it! The way I see it is, ive seen no bad reviews only good ones so you have nothing to lose in trying it! If it doesnt do anything then youve only lost some money, but if it helps you then it will be a godsend! Ive read it helps PPD, PP bleeding, increase milk supply, give you loads more energy and a good iron source! You can alsokeep them frozen for your menopause if you had some left! Xx

Hi Meli,

I haven't done my own, but will be doing it once bub arrives, however I have a small WAHM business encapsulating for other people,. I have had quite a few mums encapsulate after suffering from severe PND with previous pregnancies and births and the reports back have been that it has been an intensely different recovery period with only normal 'baby blues' rather then falling into PND again.
The tablets help with healing, hormone balancing, milk supply, energy levels, lessening bleeding time just to name a few things.,
I def think with your history it can only help your post partum time.

Kota - When you have bubs and encapsulate your placenta can you let me know how you feel it has helped you personally please? We have spoke on my placenta thread over on pregnancy club and would love to know from a personal experience xx

Whats the benafitial differance between this and just cooking it up?

thank you so much everyone! i had pretty bad pp bleeding with my second, and it went way longer than six weeks, it would be great to recover faster, especially with a two and seven year old to run after in addition to a newborn:) this has made me want to do it even more:)

i'm doing it for sure! my doula includes the service in her fee so why not! i will def. be posting back to several of these threads to let other mom's know how it goes. :)

I think it definitely made a real difference. It didn't help my supply any (there were other issues there), but I had lots of energy and my mood was great. I was anaemic right after birth and exhausted, but once I started taking the placenta capsules (at day 5) I felt so much better. I've actually saved some of my capsules from this time to use in the early days next time before my next placenta is encapsulated. It's expensive (or a hassle if you do it yourself) but I definitely think it's worth it and I plan to do it again. I also had a placenta smoothie right after birth and it was really tasty. You never would have known there was placenta in there. :thumbup:

Hello
I had it done when my daughter was born in December - I sourced a midwife/doula that collected the placenta then dropped off the capsules when they were ready - I took them till they were finished - think they lasted 10 or 12 weeks but I can't remember exactly

I did avoid ppd, which is one of the main reasons I had it done (history of anxiety and depression)
Unfortunately at 5 months pp I'm back on meds but will def get it done again next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->