plain cheerios for breakfast-is that okay?

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
Alexa barely shows any interest in her rice cereal (or wheat and fruit or oats)anymore, so yesterday I started just giving her plain baby cheerios to eat off of her tray, is that okay for her breakfast? Because it seems like a lost cause to make up baby cereal anymore, as 95% of it ends up going to waste. Is that okay? tia

I would probably be worried she might choke.
Have you given her anything with cows milk (like mixed in cereal or cooked in anything) yet?
I dont know about there, but at 6mo I think you can start mixing cows milk with like cereal (not given as a drink though). My mother said she used to let the cheerios sit in milk until they were mushy and then give them to us. Haven't tried it with Colton yet though.
(She also said thats how we learned to poke things.. she said we used to poke our fingers in the middle and put the finger in our mouths! :cloud9: )

Everything I've seen always says no cow's milk until 6mo or older, unless it's cooked. Like there is baby mac and cheese and that's ok, but not plain cow's milk. Yogurt is ok too. But I wouldn't soak them in it, or mix it in cereal at this age.

I think its fine if she's able to eat it, and it fills her up. Maybe do some of those and bottle, or breastfeed her..whichever she does. Or you could do that and then some fruit. Have you tried mixing fruit with her cereal? Or trying diff types of cereal, my kids always seemed to like the oatmeal best. You can also try flavored instant oatmeals, I would watch the panel though be sure it isn't loaded with sugar or anything like that, or you could make your own plain from just the regular quick cooking oats and add some fruits to it.

Have you given her anything with cows milk (like mixed in cereal or cooked in anything) yet?
I dont know about there, but at 6mo I think you can start mixing cows milk with like cereal (not given as a drink though). My mother said she used to let the cheerios sit in milk until they were mushy and then give them to us. Haven't tried it with Colton yet though.
(She also said thats how we learned to poke things.. she said we used to poke our fingers in the middle and put the finger in our mouths! :cloud9: )

see I give her baby cheerios as a snack all the time I watch her chew them and she has no problem-I forgot they are recommended 12 months+ but she does so well with them I continued giving them to her. I have not given her cows milk yet-it says 8months+ in my baby food book the hospital gave me-so weird they have different guidelines for different places, it's so confusing lol Of course though she has likely eaten something that has cows milk in it like toast, so probably not much difference, just so scared not to follow guidelines-pretty ridiculas I know lol

Everything I've seen always says no cow's milk until 6mo or older, unless it's cooked. Like there is baby mac and cheese and that's ok, but not plain cow's milk. Yogurt is ok too. But I wouldn't soak them in it, or mix it in cereal at this age.

I think its fine if she's able to eat it, and it fills her up. Maybe do some of those and bottle, or breastfeed her..whichever she does. Or you could do that and then some fruit. Have you tried mixing fruit with her cereal? Or trying diff types of cereal, my kids always seemed to like the oatmeal best. You can also try flavored instant oatmeals, I would watch the panel though be sure it isn't loaded with sugar or anything like that, or you could make your own plain from just the regular quick cooking oats and add some fruits to it.
thanks-I do actually give her cereal that is mixed with fruits-still not interested-well she used to be, but not anymore! I'll try the oatmeal then, it's worth a try.

see I give her baby cheerios as a snack all the time I watch her chew them and she has no problem-I forgot they are recommended 12 months+ but she does so well with them I continued giving them to her. I have not given her cows milk yet-it says 8months+ in my baby food book the hospital gave me-so weird they have different guidelines for different places, it's so confusing lol Of course though she has likely eaten something that has cows milk in it like toast, so probably not much difference, just so scared not to follow guidelines-pretty ridiculas I know lol

As long as you are fine with her having them then go for it.
And I know.. the 'guidelines' will drive you nuts.. lol.. like you said 8mo for eggs too? Here it's 6mo for eggs, and like cows milk cooked in food (not as drink).
But than meat is 6mo+ in alot of places, but Colton's pediatrician suggested no meat until 9mo!

the heinz cereal we have had cows milk protein in it and it's from 4 months?..maybe thats entirely different and treated somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->