• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning a home birth? Sorry but you're reckless and selfish...

madasa

Mum of 2
Reaction score
An infuriating article in the Daily Fail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-threes-deeply-provocative-view.html#comments

Grrrrr....

Your thoughts?

Oh and that should say Planning but I don't know how to correct it :(

Edited! Thank u :)

Yet another narrow minded person for us all to point and laugh at. :haha:
I personaly opted for hospital because of some of the points she made but who gives her or anyone the right to this "I know everything, if you dont agree with me then YOUR wrong and stupid and selfish" attituded that so many people seem to have these days.
The world isnt as black and white as these people make out.

Click edit post hun and then go advanced

What an idiot. I didn't feel safe haveing a home birth next time as it was my first baby and I didn't know what to expect. The next baby I wil probably have him/her at a birth centre. Having a home birth is a little out of my comfort zone as I am scared if anything goes wrong. But I don't see women that have one as reckless or selfish. They have a MW there and I am sure if anything goes wrong they can get to hopsital quickly

What a narrowminded view
xx

Not a good article at all :nope: This type of article does nothing but to make mothers and pregnant women feel bad about themselves and inadequate. Let people make their own decisions about what is right for them and their baby.

I didn't have a good labour in the hospital and TBH I have no confidence or trust in the NHS at the moment. I went to the hospital as it was my first baby, i was scared, i wanted drugs (didn't get any anyway) and I wasn't given any other option during pregnancy. Maybe with a second baby I may have the confidence to get what i really want!

Maybe for my next baby I would like to opt for a home delivery, especialy if everything goes as well as this one did but because of my SB and the fact no one knew not even the drs how things would go and the problems my SB could cause to myself or the baby and the fact that I only had 2 options of no drugs or knocked out completly for a c section I opted for the hospital just because I was scared of somthing going wrong and was in a much higher risk.
Problem is you can never be certain about the next one either, it could go completly different to this on or be completly fine again, maybe after about 5/6 completly fine labours I may have the confidence to try it :) (better not let hubby see that) :)

Another stupid article

I dont get why people just dont shut up, I never thought about a home birth as I knew a c section was likely and prob will be again next time but I would never call a mum reckless if thats what she wanted to do

I had a billion and ten complications with my first pregnancy. So yes, I had a hospital birth, and its just the norm here in Canada so I didn't even think twice about it.

Now I am thinking of a home birth for my next one.
Yes, I may have another complicated birth, but part of that was my epidural, which I loved, but if I didn't have one I am sure I could have a home birth.

I think a home birth is a good option. :D I like having options.

I would have opted for a home birth last time but my husband was dead set against it and I had a dreadful hospital birth and an even worse first week post partum. However, I would still go for a home birth this time. I found some of her comments about giving birth at home very flippant and as this article said in the title "provocative" which is just what the Daily Mail is all about imo. Giving birth on the kitchen floor for instance was in poor taste I reckon, we all know it's not that at all. Do you think she gave birth to her three babies in an NHS hospital? :-s

I would love a home birth, I am scared though but its not wreakless and stupid,. My gran had a home birth with my aunt as she had other children to look after. I wish I could do that,. Could be possibility if baby this time is in place and placenta moves. I am sure my neighbours will love that noise lol

Dragonfly... My homebirth was a wonderfully peaceful experience. I doubt my neighbours had the faintest idea what miracle was unfolding in our kitchen! We make mire noises DTD!

placenta was in way of cervex last scan, not likely a home birth if that dosnt move,. I will be asking about it to midwife next time.

Main thing that puts me off homebirth is knowing what im like id be running round scrubbing and hoovering and cleaning everything just before the mw got there ;)
That and the thought of having to clean it all back up again after :)

Concidering how my birth went I may as well have done it at home, 3 hours of labour 2 stitches that wasnt even realy all that needed and 15 mins later I was off in the shower thinkinking "oh hello feet, havnt seen you for a while" at least I would have had food then, I missed 2 dinner, 2 lunches and a breakfast because they forgot about me and I was elswhere everytime the food was being sorted so I went over 48 hours with no food (stupidily didnt have dinner before going in for my induction because I was ment to have dinner there)

Lol! At the hello feet bit... Me I was like, crap, there goes my belly button again...

Home cooked food as well. No kicking out spouses it older siblings. The best bit about my home birth was the guarantee of the pool :). In most areas it's the only way to make sure you have a pool as an option :thumbup:

I wish I had a labour like that , in and out. All over and done with. Harder now when I have another to look after. I know he will be fine with his dad but I havnt left him for a long period of time especially not over night. I will look into it though I dont shun it anyway its an option. My last birth didnt go any way that I had planned at all it went the opposite of what I wanted.

I didnt bother planning it because I knew that I get stressed when I dont get my own way so I figured they know what they are doing ill go with the flow.
If I had of planned it I most certainly wouldnt have scheduled the builders hammering and drilling away next to me the whole time and some strangers visiting grandfather standing like a deer in headlights at the end of my bed while im bent over with my butt up in the air growling because he opened the wrong curtain :)

There where builders and all in the labour suit when I was there, heard them hammering when I was in labour! and in the ward the doors where wide open and there where builders walking anywhere. I only planned as i was asked for a plan , i just go with the flow but since this is second one, I do have some demands to be met that I will at least open my mouth about.Thats if I get to hospital. See what happens.

I planned a home birth this first time, but I grudgingly went in due to grade three meconium. I really resent articles like this, as I'd researched my decision thoroughly and made a very informed decision to have my baby at home. And believe me, I'll be planning another next time I'm pregnant.

I found the comments and red/green arrows encouraging tho... In fact I went to check the comments today to see if there were any new ones, and they've all gone! How weird...

What a ridiculous article... but oh well, it's just some narrowminded womans view. I'd actually feel more reckless going to hospital again this time. Last time my babys life was put at risk because I was given pethidine (without my consent) too close to the birth. She was born very sleepy, although luckily didn't need help with her breathing, she couldn't bf... I was so out of it during the birth, I can't even remember it well now. It took me months to bond with her, and I feel this is alot due to how out of it I was when she was born and how out of it she was. I'm not going through that again... :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->