Play groups etc Questions

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm confused but I know kids can go to play groups etc without paying?!

What age is this - any more details? I know nothing just know they do.

Really want to get Caitlin interacting with other kids esspecially when shes walking. As we both work from home we've never needed to look into childcare for that purpose and would prefer some playtime rather than see it as chidcare. If that makes sense.

x

like a parent n toddler? or one u leave her there?

Most of the baby/toddler groups in my area charge a small fee (to cover drinks/biscuits etc)
There the one's where you stay and play with your lo. I go to two each week as a rule, the kids love them. They can get a bit crzy when there are a lot of kids there though!
I found my local ones through a magazine called "The Family Grapevine" not sure if it covers your area.
www.thefamilygrapevine.co.uk

You get free nursery/playgroup/playschool sessions the first term after they turn 3. For example Faith turned 3 in the January and started nursery in the April (after easter). You get 5 free 2.5 hour sessions paid for by the government x

I go to a mums and toddler group on a tuesday morning from 9.30-11.30. Its £1.50 to cover tea or coffee / biscuits for parents and toast and squash for children. I really enjoy it (Erin doesn't do much at the moment though - but its nice to meet other mums and their children). But I know there are places that are free for under 2's. xx

I go to a surestart toddler group and i don't pay anything x

Ewan started playgroup when he was just over 2yrs 9 months, the first term i had to pay for in part as i manged to get funding . Then once he was 3 from September it is free and he goes for 3 mornings a week.
But you do need to book a place soon as mine has an 18 month waiting list, dont know about your locality. why not go and have a look at some.

With mine you do a parent duty where you help out and also play, and you provide snacks for the kids. other playgroups you dont have to do anything but i quite enjoyed seeing what ewan gets up to. It is quite structured with registration time, snacks, play areas, outdoors play, themes, and show and tell.
Ewan loves it now.

i go to a mums n tods and its £1 and its from 9-11:30 or the afternoon class is 12-2:30 or u can go stay 9 - 2:30 you get biscuits cakes and tea :D

When I said the free I kinda just meant the none £50 a day lol either where she can stay 2/3 hours and play with others or even me with her.

I just think it's important for baby to interact without you but not willing to pay for unneeded half days 'childcare' I simply want her to have 'play time' with other children and was unsure what was about of course as shes getting odler when new baby is here it would be great if she had some time out on her own anyway but looking like thats not an option.

Mine is 3 :) Joe isnt starting to next September due to some policy they have regarding only starting at the beginning of September :roll: though I belive most of them is term straight after they turn 3 :)

on a wednesday theres an ace one on in Rhyl, we go and its 9.30 till 11, they get a snack and a drink.

and its free

Ask if they do part funding, they dont make it known some of them as it may get abused, but mine sorted funding and i paid 1/3, the playgroup paid 1/3 and the council or government paid 1/3. Some will not take kids unless they are potty trained, some really dont mind.
Ewan has 9/30 till 1.30 on a monday and 9.30 till 12.30 tues and fri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->