Playing music to baby

Emsabub

Reaction score
Just a curious question, that's all. I know they say playing music can be good for baby, but I've taken to playing my Ava her musical lamb.

Her nan bought this beautiful little thing that lies on the edge of the cot & plays musical tunes, running water and has a heartbeat sound (I'll probably never use that!) I have fallen in love with this one tune that I lie the lamb on my belly and play it to her. She usually kicks & lifts it up when she can hear it, I just wondered if this is good for when she's here, it'll hopefully help her sleep as she heard it in utero? Unless my logic is completely flawed!

A friend used to watch neighbours and home and away every midweek lunch time as she was told to keep her feet up for an hour each day to help keep the swelling down. When her little one arrived he would settle when heard the theme tunes, so she recorded them and would play it to him when he wouldn't settle.

Another friend played music to her bump, meatloaf etc and he recognised it too when he was a baby.

My baby settles in the mornings listening to radio 2, which is what I listened to on my journeys to work, so perhaps he recognises the voices.

I think it's a great idea to play that lamb tune to your bump and hope it helps when she's here.

My my son was born he would settle to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and thats what seemed to get him moving most when he was in the womb :haha:

When I was pregnant with DD the Olly Murs song Dear Darlin was really popular & I used to sing along to it on the radio at least once a day. When DD was born & had colic I used to sing it to her or play it and it always calmed her down. This time it seems to be Justin Beiber Love Yourself so will be interesting to see if it works again!

Thank you girls for you opinions! It really does help :) And we are the same weeks/days Cazran!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->