Playtime for newborns?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone does as playtime for newborns. I know they sleep most of the time but Hannah does have her wakeful moments and we either sit her in her crib and turn on the mobile, or bring out her play gym. She usually lasts 10-15 minutes before getting bored and screaming :lol:

Keira did the same. Or she got overstimulated. I would put her in the stroller and park her on the porch, plug in the water fountain and let her "look" at the farm scenery and listen to horses and birds and stuff.. Or just plop her on my lap and talk to her and make faces...

I put Mia under her playgym & play musical toys for her but she lasts 5 mins max before yelling & then I just hold her & talk to her but she usually nods over to sleep like I'm boring her :dohh:!!

Hannah actually lays and coos at the toys for a bit, before getting mad :rofl:

Hey hunny...i found that when my LO was newborn he would do exacty the same...he was mor interested in looking at my face with me pulling strange faces and funny noises...lol...the only thing did get was the rainforest swinging cradel...its expensive but worth every penny:) Now my LO is older he is playing loads more and thats without screaming...xxx

oooh I really recommend the book The Social Baby for advice on playtimes, shows you how to spot the signs that baby is ready to play and when they have had enough, and is a really interesting insight into how they communicate with us, even when newborn.

Josh goes on his playmat in the morning when he wakes up so I eat breakfast and check my email etc. Then in the afternoon I play with him while he's on his tummy mat or I put him in his bumbo and ''we talk'' ! I teach him animal sounds, colors, alphabet, numbers... (I know it's early but he loooves it!)

Then he naps until dinner. At dinner time he makes dinner with mommy sitting in his bumbo in the kitchen. He usually tries to grab the dogs if they're around.

In the evening he gets some time with daddy talking & playing + playing guitar.

a newborn wont last long on a mat, but will love looking at mummies face. For the time being that's all LO will need. :)

I'm not worried about the time she spends on it, don't really expect much out of her--she's only three weeks old. But it is cute when she's laying there cooing at the toys :D

Was really just wondering what other parents do to have "play time" with their newborns ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->