Please advise ;(

Aliza2010

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice please really having a tough time at the moment.
I'm 26.5 wks pregnant and I had a Doppler scan and was told that my baby's cord is showing no edf which means that they are keeping an eye on us but I will probably end up delivering at 27-28 weeks. My docs are not really telling me anything about what to expect whether my baby has a chance of surviving or what his outlook on life is like. I lost my little girl at 32 wks and I'm so so scared.

I cant advise, I had my little girls at 33+1 I wish you all the luck in the world! :hugs:

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time in your pregnancy and for the loss of your little girl.

It is difficult to give any guarantees with extreme prems but survival rates do increase quite a bit after 26 weeks and rise even further after 28 weeks. Have you been given steroids to mature your babies lungs as these help survival rates. I had my twin girls at 25+2 and one of my girls survived and the other passed away at 1 day old due to underdeveloped lungs. There is also some 23 weekers on here as well.

Keep us updated on how you are getting on.

Good luck xx

I had my lo at 25+6 and he spent 102 days in nicu. He was ventillated for the 1st 12hrs of life then put onto cpap (Blows air into their lungs to make breaething easier) He went through with just 1 serious infection, (group b strep) which then caused chronic lung disease, Due to the infection going to his lungs, that a side he had the normal things premmies have, like blood top ups for low haemaglobin. Each day is better that baby is inside our tummy all safe and snug. But rest assured the nicu staff are AMAZING at what they do and I owe them so much they saved my little boy. When he was not well with gbs, they told us he probably would nt make it through the night, but with the help of their equipment and drugs, he overcame the infection and is now a thriving little boy :) xx

Good luck and keep us posted. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->