Please be aware

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
this story sent shivers down my spine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624053/Every-parents-nightmare-Chilling-CCTV-shows-moment-man-attempts-lead-toddler-away-mother-momentarily-turned-shopping-centre.html

We don't actually know whats going on though, he might have thought the child was lost?

However, I do always make sure that Jacob holds my hand and stands by me.. I even panic a bit when he goes out of sight at the park!

I agree he could of thought he was lost. Sounds like the mother never contacted the police so maybe he explained that? It is worrying though it x

I agree. He may also have some kind of mental illness.

None the less, until it is aware what his motives are, I think it's important that people are aware :)

I seen a family vlog on youtube only yesterday of a family who were busy in the shop whilst their almost 2 year old was a fair distance away in the opposite direction out of sight. Scary stuff!

Could be completely innocent but you just never know these days :nope:
I never let mine out of sight, which is hard when you're in busy places and there's two of them and one of you :lol:

Most of these type of things are completely innocent but it is why I always make my son walk ahead of us or holding on to the buggy or hand

Though they can disappear on you in a second. I was checking the size on a pair of trousers in a shop and OH was putting a pair back on a hanger he had just tried on our son and in that second he vanished on us.

You know, i've watched it about 5 times now and genuinely i don't think it was with good intentions. You can clearly see the mom in front of the toddler and from the direction the man came in it would have been obvious to him who the toddler was with. I would absolutely feel the same if the man had been a woman aswell.

I do think the mum needs to make sure her son walks in front of her instead of behind though.

This is pretty scary but the story never gets to the bottom of what went on entirely and whether it was innocent or not. Someone on the article made the point of the story they showed a few weeks back where two girls pretended to be lost in the shopping centre to see how many people would help then there was outrage when nobody did, but it's hardly surprising why people would be wary to when things like this is shown. Saying that I would never for a split second leave my 2-year-old out of sight, he's always strapped in the pushchair or strapped to reins in busy places!

I think people are far too quick to defend this man. I'd love to know why. Is it his age? If this was a man in his 40s would everyone still be as quick to defend him? Or would there be people out organising a lynching for him?

I've watched the video a couple of times and the child is literally a few steps behind his mum. From that angle anyway, it's clear to see who he's with. And I think it would be clear from the angle of the man too. Especially as where they come from he must have been walking behind them.

However, it may also be that he was walking behind them and seen the child walking a few steps behind and the mother hasn't interacted with the toddler for a while so he thinks he's not with her?

Scary yes but would i let my 22 month old walk several paces behind me without watching him? Absolutely not!!!

I watched a few times and tried to think maybe he thought the biy was lost, but he kind of swoops in a bit too fast imo.

I don't know I commented before I watched the video I just had read the article and didn't see the video. It does look like he had been walking behind them and the way he quickly trys to lead him off :(

Yea he doesnt approach the boy and stand for a while .. perhaps saying are you lost? Can you see your mum? etc .. he literally swoops grabs hands turns n leaves.

Maybe he has some form of old age illness but the point still stands if he had managed to take the boy what kind of dangerous situations could he have got them in?!

Will be a big wake up ca for the mother .. she was some distance ahead before she turned around.

Apparently he thought it was someone elses child?

https://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-05-09/derby-police-intu-toddler-cctv/

That poor man. To be completely slandered in the way he has been for nothing but good intentions.

To be honest I didn't post this thread to be awful to the man but to reinforce that you should keep your eyes on your child at all times (I don't have children yet so this may be unwelcomed) but I see far too many children that are just left to trail behind and I find it really worrying. This articles demonstrates why - regardless of his intentions, it shows that things only take a second. Only a couple of weeks ago I saw a young child (maybe aged 3) wandering slowly in Ikea, the parents were oblivious miles ahead :dohh: awful place to lose anyone never mind a child!

To be honest I didn't post this thread to be awful to the man but to reinforce that you should keep your eyes on your child at all times (I don't have children yet so this may be unwelcomed) but I see far too many children that are just left to trail behind and I find it really worrying. This articles demonstrates why - regardless of his intentions, it shows that things only take a second. Only a couple of weeks ago I saw a young child (maybe aged 3) wandering slowly in Ikea, the parents were oblivious miles ahead :dohh: awful place to lose anyone never mind a child!

There was a little boy about 2, barefoot, outside McDonalds a few weekends ago. I took him in to find his mother/staff member and his mother was inside, looking for her other child, completely oblivious, she just screamed at them both (not sure what she was saying think it was chinese) and they carried on, with the boy barefoot, in the middle of town.

I don't really get why he thought it was someone else's child? The article doesn't really say much x

Whether it was a misunderstanding or not, I hope its taught the mum a valuable lesson! Who lets a 22month old walk on their own in a busy shopping centre several paces behind?! Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->