Please can someone clarify 'NTNP' for me?

kintenda

Reaction score
Hullo ladies,
First off, I'm just curious as to how this works (forgive me for sounding silly!)...
Is NTNP literally when you are TTC but not timing sexytime for around ov?
Not attacking anyone or anything, I'm just curious! Coz if so doesn't that mean that the people who aren't charting etc are by that definition NTNP?!
Brain is dead!

I think it means Not Trying Not Preventing

But dont quote me on that one lol
xx

It just means we aren't using any contraception so aren't preventing pregnancy but also we arent charting or anything so we aren't technically trying by definition either.

We all want to get pregnant but we don't want it to turn into a big stress unless it has to later on!

Hopefully that clears it up a bit!

xxx

Thanks!! I was just a bit confuzzled because even though I'd previously thought we might chart & stuff, I don't think we will for the first six months or so but I still will class it as TTC as no *ahem* barriers & pg will be the end goal - just wanted to know if there was a difference :D Thanks ladies, v helpful!

aww pops good definition honey! we did this to conceive maddi, it took 9months, and lap and dye op, and all i did was track my cycle xx

All im doing is tracking my cycle in time for properly TTC in Sept if we dont get lucky NTNP :)
We arent doing all the calculations and temps and all that till September, until then we are just getting Shiggy, Shig - Seeing how it goes :) Pinched that from someone else on here yesterday lol. xx

i think its sillly :p if ure deliberatly not using protection, and wanting to be pregnant! .. then u are tryin :p common sense really..... SORRY ! xxx

Well I can understand your point, I guess it's like a subsection of TTC if you like, perhaps it's psychological, the thought that you're actually TTC brings it's own stresses, whereas if you're in the mind frame of NTNP it eliminates the stress and you're just enjoying :sex: and hoping for the best!!!

I certainly will be seeing myself as NTNP come September

I do sometimes feel that NTNP is more of a TTC than WTT, more than anything because the two first can end in pregnancy, but WTT doesn't (unless an accident with taking pills or splitting condoms (still waiting to see one of those, why can't I get a dodgy one huh??)

I think 33 year ago when mum looked for me, I think everyone NTNP, if any charting or whatnot went on in those days I am yet to know (if you know different please tell as I am quite interested on how TTC has changed throughout the years)

By the way, when I told my mum that I wanted to TTC more than NTNP she thought I was barmy, and my husband. Thought I was making it really unnatural and stressful. So I have now decided I will at least NTNP for 6 months (but try to get plenty of BD the days I think I am fertile), and due to my age (going to be 33 next month) would then directly TTC.

i agree, baby is not 'officially' planned for, but your not preventing one should it happen because TTC i think is very very very stressful and un-natural, trust me ive been there, and so much so we're taking a break from symptom spotting and testing ever day past OV, we are simply :sex: when we like, ov or not and will test if i miss a period!

i agree, baby is not 'officially' planned for, but your not preventing one should it happen because TTC i think is very very very stressful and un-natural, trust me ive been there, and so much so we're taking a break from symptom spotting and testing ever day past OV, we are simply :sex: when we like, ov or not and will test if i miss a period!

I must say, it sounds loads better. xxx

haha ta!!! and also, it might be different for other couples i agree, but for us- we're getting married, been together for years and when we decide to make love, condoms just dont even come onto our minds anymore, we're more in love than ever, and are NATURALLY planning our family:- enjoying sex without contraception when we feel like making love or using a condom once in a while if thats how we feel (no pressure for dates or preg tests or actually TRYING to become pregnant, we'll take things in our stride and wait for it to happen when its meant too.

one thing i have started to do is test with BBT thermometer everyday and do a OV every month and put it on a graph because im very irregular, and i think tracking my body for a few months will give me a better understanding if we do decide to actively try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->