Please DO NOT Post BFP Announcements In This Section

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

Trying to conceive can be a frustrating journey for various reasons and so we ask you to please use the forum sections correctly and consider all of the members.

In this case whist members are always happy for their forum friends certain circustances & lower days can be hard when faced with BFPs without the choice to see them.

Please post your definate BFP announcents HERE & of course freely use your own personal TTC journals (that was already created) to post any pictures and announcements of your BFP.

We understand that their are many threads of doubt, uncertainty and discussions on evap lines which are perfectly fine to post ...though please be aware if posting a picture of a pregnancy test/results that are causing uncertainty we do have a pregnancy tests gallery.

Wobbles x

:D

Ignoring the guidelines within different sections after you have read them may result in your account being made inactive or an infraction/warning being issued to your account.

does this apply to all threads under the ttc forums? i love nothing more than reading about a bpf from someone who has been trying a long time... it gives me so much hope

does this apply to all threads under the ttc forums? i love nothing more than reading about a bpf from someone who has been trying a long time... it gives me so much hope

I couldn't agree more. I want a baby more than anything in this world and although after over one year of TTC it does make me jealous when I hear someone get their BFP, it DOES give me hope when I know someone has been trying for as long as me or even longer and FINALLY got their BFP. I want to know how long they have been TTC and what they tried and succeeded/failed with so I can better my own chances.

I think it would be depressing to only read women WANTING to conceive and none that actually HAVE. ...just a downer. Which can't be good for my OWN luck. :nope:

I don't think the rule goes for all forums. The TWW forum allows for BFP announcements...just not constant pregnancy updates. I think the 'don't post BFPs' sticky is at the top of the ones where you can't and not on the ones where you can. There's also announcement stickys at the top of some forums, so you can post there when you get a BFP.

I agree that hearing about other women's BFPs is nice, especially if they're in the same position as I am, or even if they aren't...but there are days when I couldn't take another BFP announcement and I need the space to be able to distance myself. They're few and far between, but they do happen.

There are probably a lot of women that would rather not be bombarded by other people's BFPs (if you look at pregnancy groups, you'll notice that a lot happen in a given month), especially if AF has just arrived. I think this rule is just about being considerate of everyone's feelings. Think about everyone else in this scenario that you're proposing. Seeing BFPs on a forum (even LTTTC) every time you log in is enough to break some people (me included) and I cry enough over TTC as it is, thank you. I like being able to choose whether or not I want to see BFPs.

There are threads, like over in the TWW, where women post their BFPs all the time. If you want to see BFPs, maybe just go to those sections, or follow people's journals. There are a lot of journals to follow, LTTTC included, and that's where I find my inspiration. There's also a LTTTC BFP announcement page at the top of the LTTTC forum, if people getting BFPs after trying for a long time is what you're looking for.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there are places to look if you're looking for encouragement and inspiration...and it's nice to choose to look vs having it thrust in your face every time you log on here.

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to this BnB stuff. I was on different forums before but stopped using them. I'm very happy for all Ladies who were able to get BFP but it's very frustrating for others who are been trying & doing everything right for some time.
So on that note, I agree with Wobbles. I think its good to forum like this.

Is this rule ever enforced???? I see new posts all the time for pregnancy tests on the TTC#1 and regular TTC forums. I don't mind if it comes from a regularly contributing member BUT many times it is from someone who creates a new account and then posts their test. I really rely on this community for support and it is difficult when I log on and see other women's pregnancy tests announced in my face (I never actually look). I joined this community specifically because the rules stated that pregnancy test posting was not allowed on the main forums.. Is this ever going to be enforced???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->