Please give me some positive words - struggling with the pain - LO has tongue tie!

leigh5tom

Mum to two :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I posted yesterday that my LB was feeding all day. It carried on through the night and all of today. MW came today and checked his tongue - he has a significant tongue tie :-( she thinks he's not able to get enough milk out in one go so has to feed constantly little and often to get any kind of decent amount.
My nipples are red raw, totally mashed up, bleeding, blistered, they are awful. His tongue is not covering his bottom gums and he is literally grating my nipples away. I'm in agony!

I really need some tips on how to survive and carry on until he can have it snipped. Anything is appreciated! Xxxx

ok bear with me as i'm typing one handed while bf my lo (who is ebf still at 8 weeks, even though we really struggled in the beginning because she had tongue tie. i had cracked bleeding sore nipples and every time she fed it felt like sand paper rubbing against nipples. here is what I did and although these things probably aren't recommended because of nipple confusion they worked for me and that's all i can say. The first thing I did was got myself a pump and I gave her a bottle every other feed to give my nipples a break. they were so bad that i pumped a good few ml of pure blood so i had to throw away and start again. The feeds that i did do at the breast i did with medela nipple shields and i used a lot of lanisoh before and after every feed. i also had a lactation consultant come out and look at our latch. after 2 days of alternate pumping, using nipple shields and lansinoh my nipples were healed and I started to feed exclusively from the breast again. her latch wasn't great still but i would just keep taking her off until her latch wasn't hurting enough to feed. she had it snipped at two weeks old and those two weeks were torture and i nearly gave up everyday but here we are now at 8 weeks tomorrow and still going strong. the only problem we are having now is that it's been so long since she had a bottle that she is now rejecting them. only offering a bottle so daddy can feed, not because i'm not loving breast feeding so please hang in there because it's about to get a whole lot easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->