Please help - breakfast ideas needed!

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pops has been weaned since just over 4 months (HV advice) and eats really well when she likes something :thumbup: BUT she doesn't like sweet stuff!!! I've tried her with fresh fruit - apple, pear, pinneaple, banana, mango; I've tried her with "pudding" - banana flavour, I've tried her with jar puree fruit, tried her with different breakfast "cereals" - porridge with strawberry & banana (box), mixed berry with yoghurt (box), ready brek, jar of porridge and she HATES them all! :cry: She will gnaw on a piece of apple if it is sour but not if its sweet.

I am stuck with what to give her for breakfast - she likes strong, savoury flavours (can't give her anything too bland either!!) At the moment I'm giving her a mixed veggie puree and some toast for breakie but then I get stuck on what to give her for her other meals!! :shrug:

Help please!! :wacko: TIA xx

other than the ones you have mentioned , we do rice krispies and weetabix (you can get mini ones which are easier)

but what about cooked brekkie, like a poached egg with ham? (if you do meat already)

Have you tried potato cakes? I was going to also suggest egg too... omlettes, or poached/hard boiled/scrambled.... also - eggy bread with brown bread might be an idea?

Thanks for your suggestions guys :thumbup: I haven't tried her with eggs yet - I was waiting untl 6 months for those, she does have meat already though .... hmmmmm she's nearly 6 months anyway. Rice crispies is an option and I already have weetabix- might try her with a bit of mine and see if she likes it.

Potato cakes sound good :happydance: for me too!! Do you buy them or make them yourself caggimedicine?

She has figured out that if she doesn't like something the way to get it off her tongue and out of her mouth is by blowing a raspberry!! Means I end up wearing it though!!! :dohh: fingers crossed I find something she likes for breakie soon! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->