Please help!! Can you have implantation bleeding after a missed period??

Jewel89

Reaction score
Hello I am really confused and need some advice. ive been reading many many post about implantation bleeding, and there are so many women that are going thru the same thing and those whom have already had the experience, it is very different for everyone.
here is my situation.
I am 24 yrs old. i have been with my bf for 10 yrs. we are not trying to get pregnant but its always a possibility since we dont ever ever use any type of protection just the pull out method. but we would be really happy to be pregnant if it happened!! Sometimes i think theres something wrong with me or him, but i guess hes just really good at pulling out lol.
Anyway my periods have always been regular 28-30 cycle. But i think when i was about 17-19 (not really sure) i was late for a period in Nov. almost 3 weeks but i did get it and it came in the same month just really late.
i did take a couple pg. obviouly negative.
So that was the only time ever my period was really late.
I was sitting around one day and remembered that i didnt remember getting a period for Nov. i looked at my calender but the last time i wrote my period down was Aug 17 so i counted foward till Nov and it was supose to come on the 8 of nov! I took 2pg. test the end of Nov and one today with morning urine. all negative and breaking my heart.:( My Dec. period was due around the 11. i started bleeding on dec 5. it started pink usual for me and got darker and a little heavier. so i thought ok period but why didnt my Nov one come? I noticed that the color was normal at first but the red got darker like brick red and i noticed brownish pink slimy kind of stuff in it. but i shook it out my head. The reason why even bother looking closely to this blood is because i remember being nauseous most of Nov off and on,thought of pregnancy but shook it out my head,i guess cause its been so long and i never got preggo and yesterday i remember going to my grandma s house on Nov 9 (period was due the 8) I ate dinner. then cake then rice pudding my grandma made. when i got back home i felt really nauseous and thru up all my food. Weird.
So back to this bleeding.. The second time i used the bathroom and saw brick red blood with the brownish pinkish i also saw small clots and had some the next 2 times i used the bathroom. so i thought def. periods here but still why Nov one.
But my period did not get heavier not even the next day. i filled a pad but it was from like 7 at night till the next day 11. yes had a long day at work and slept really long lol. usually it goes thru to my undies but it didnt. its been 6 days. it was a little heavy not really tho, not like my period, for like a day and a half or two. when i wiped it was not like a gush of blood like i didnt really need to wipe again.then it was like spotting the next two days and changing color brownish and dark red but pink when i wipe and very little when i wipe also. the last two days it was coming and going, spotting still brown on liner and pink when wipe. its like it onky came out on the pad or liner. now its gone. Also i had like red and clear string things. twi of them. i never saw that before. I started to really think pregnancy because i am still nauseous almost everyday thru out the day off and on. i sometimes feel sick to my stomache and really full. and i did not have any cramps at all!! mayb for a sec. but thats it and it was a couple the last two days of spotting. that is not normal for me usually i get bad cramps that i lay in the fetal position and my vagina feeld sooooo sore (sorry tmi)but i dont want to get my hopes up. i recently started getting headaches off and on but idk if its cause of possible pregnancy or because i recently got a cold for having wet hair in my house with no heat on. and im a little stuffy so i assumed the headaches are from that. but idk. our hopes are kind of already up. im just so confused and read lots of different stories about IB and hoping im pregnant. im just so confused. Im thinking mayb i had a M/C without even knowing i was preggo(hopefully not!!) or i am and dnt have enough of the hormone for the test to pick up?? if im not preggo, whats wrong with me, why no period for Nov. Why this weird period and these symptoms. I hope im ok.

Sorry if this was too long.
Thanks for all you help in advance and advice:)

Ps i have never been preggo before and this has never happened before.
I guess wait and see if Jan. period comes???
its sooo far awayyyy

btw i took another preggo test Dec. 13. Negative.

What do you guys think? anyone had a similar situation.
also i still get nauseous everyday on and off. i get night sweats too and hot and cold hot and cold. idk that could be from my cold?

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I had spotting yesterday but red blood today. If it's my period, it's 4 days late. Thing is, my cramps feel like I should be bleeding so much more, but I'm not! Just a little blood when I wipe.

I'd maybe go see a doctor? You could have an ectopic pregnancy, which wouldn't show on a test but would mess with your cycles and give you symptoms. Around 30% of all women have some bleeding in the first trimester, so :shrug: Good Luck! Sorry I wasn't more helpful :hugs:

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I had spotting yesterday but red blood today. If it's my period, it's 4 days late. Thing is, my cramps feel like I should be bleeding so much more, but I'm not! Just a little blood when I wipe.

I'd maybe go see a doctor? You could have an ectopic pregnancy, which wouldn't show on a test but would mess with your cycles and give you symptoms. Around 30% of all women have some bleeding in the first trimester, so :shrug: Good Luck! Sorry I wasn't more helpful :hugs:

Thanks for answering peg. Wouldn't i have some sort of cramps or some pain if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Thanks for answering peg. Wouldn't i have some sort of cramps or some pain if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Yeah, you're right, sorry! :shrug: Skipped periods can be caused by other things, like you suspect, so I'd still pay a visit to your doctor if possible. Hope you get some answers!

Yeah, you're right, sorry! :shrug: Skipped periods can be caused by other things, like you suspect, so I'd still pay a visit to your doctor if possible. Hope you get some answers!

I think i am going to wait and see what happens with my Jan. Period. Hopefully its a no show!!
How about you. Did your "period" get any heavier or change color?

I think i am going to wait and see what happens with my Jan. Period. Hopefully its a no show!!
How about you. Did your "period" get any heavier or change color?

Ugh, yes. Super heavy, way heaver than normal. I still have some symptoms and just feel sick, so I suspect m/c :-( good luck to you! Hope it works out :hugs:

Thanks. Im so sorry to hear that. Maybe thats why you had really bad cramps. :( Good luck to you.
i will keep you posted.

Hey Jewel, just wanted to check in! Hope you're well and Happy Holidays!

Hiii pegleg:) all is good. Enjoying the holidays. Hope ur great as well. Merry Christmas!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->