please help low beta hcg :'(

jackie5kids

mummy to 6 gorgeous kids
Reaction score
So I had my lmp on 30th oct and got my first bfp on 25th nov .have got lots of bfps since and also on digi. Ive had cramping and backache so went to epau who drew blood on thursday . The result was 46. Went back today (sat) and now its only 61 :( I should be 5 weeks 3 days soo really worried

There is nothing that you can do at this point only think positively and keep your chin up! Hope your HCG level continues to increase.

There are a few ladies that have mentioned they have slow rising hcg and everything turned out okay but it doesn't seem to be the norm...so sorry. I know you are looking for reassurance but since i've been looking at the first trimester forum (4 times) most of the threads that I found on this ended in either miscarriage or ectopic (more the former than the latter).

I did a lot of reading through past threads with all my losses so my perspective based on that and my own experiences isn't a hopeful one. Sorry you are going through this and I hope you are one of the ladies I have seen chime in and share their success stories about slow rising hcg. :hugs:

Thank you both x im hoping its just too early and I ov later x I had a chemical in march but my lines getting darker this time so my fingers are crossed x bk to epau mon hopefully will get better news :)

I'm sorry. At 5 weeks it should be higher and also it should be doubling. :( sending you hugs. Do you have another doctors appt?

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it doubles.

Normal ranges for 5 weeks is 18 - 7340 , so i would not worry just yet, in early pregnancy your dates can be off, and HcG can rise slowly in some women even throughout pregnancy. Remember it's not the single number that counts, it is if it double in 48-72 hours :)

I know it is hard not to worry, i got a positve hpt just on 2nd Dec, and have had brown spotting since that day, and my first appointment is tommorow, so i know how hard it is not to worry.

Big hugs xx

Oh and this is the chart for 'usual' HcG levels

3 weeks LMP 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7-8 weeks LMP 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9-12 weeks LMP 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13-16 weeks LMP 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17-24 weeks LMP 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25-40 weeks LMP 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Women who are not pregnant <5.0 mIU/ml
Women after menopause 9.5 mIU/ml

NB It is important to remember that these numbers are intended as a guideline only. They are not definitive and are just meant to give an indication of what can be an average hCG range. Every woman and her pregnancy are unique and what is considered normal for one may not be for another. (from source)

Thanks so much all x got to ring bk tomoz mon so will let you no what they say. Im hoping that I ovulated late then it would make me 4 week plus also there wasnt a full 48 hrs between samples so hope that's why too. :( will let u all no tomoz . I reakon they will repeat beta again but hopefully will be at the same time as Saturdays. Hopefully mine doubles every 72 hrs lol got to be hopefull :) and goodluck cherrysoul x

Sooo here goes. Rang back today and had to go for a scan. Scan showed sac mesuring 6 weeks but empty :( they think maybe ectopic or bo. So had to go back pm and doc examined and said any pain or blood go in asap. Took more bloods so hoping lo was hiding and bhcg gone up x

Oh no, sorry ur having this stress. When do u get the results?

Tomorrow hun then back at hospital Wednesday to see what next x

So sorry and hope it's not an ectopic dear. I hope lo was hiding like you said most of all! I will keep you in my thoughts :hugs:

Jackie-sorry to hear this. if they found the sac in the uterus then highly unlikely it is eptopic which is good. but still a very sad situation!!! I wish I had a better story for you but I don't. with my 4th pregnancy my numbers looked like yours too but since no bleeding or anything and I had 3 previous normal pregnancies drs just left it alone and I went about blissfully pregnant with what I thought would be my 4th and final baby. at 12 weeks I started to bleed and that is when they did a scan, didn't have one before then bc I knew exactly when I got pregnant, and that is when I found out it was a BO.....I was devastated. I wish I had found out earlier.

but at the same note my 6th pregnancy, I had an early mc in between, my hcg numbers were great and always pretty high, not abnormal at all, but with that baby it ended as a mmc found at 12 weeks.

so as you can see numbers really don't have much to do with it. I really hope that it turns out ok for you! nothing is more heartbreaking then loosing a baby

I will watch for an update! :hugs:

Thanks all. Not looking good hcg ony went up by 5 in 48 hrs was 61 sat and 65 yesterday:( got yo go bk tomoz see whats going to happen but the cant rule out ectopic at this point even though theres a sac in my uterus they said they wasn't sure if its in the right place. Could be in my c section scar :( thanks for all everyones support I will update tomorrow when ive been at 3 pm (gmt) :)

Thanks all. Not looking good hcg ony went up by 5 in 48 hrs was 61 sat and 65 yesterday:( got yo go bk tomoz see whats going to happen but the cant rule out ectopic at this point even though theres a sac in my uterus they said they wasn't sure if its in the right place. Could be in my c section scar :( thanks for all everyones support I will update tomorrow when ive been at 3 pm (gmt) :)

So sorry jackie and hope it's not a pseudo sac those aren't fair at all! You'd think if they saw a sac in the right place that would mean it wan't ectopic but I found out there had to be at least a yolk for it to be a uterine pregnancy 100%. something about the body having a decidual reaction to pregnancy hormones and creating a pseudo sac...cruel trick. Hope things turn around for you and taht's not the case-giving you big hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->