Please help me figure out these OPK results :/

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
I posted under a different sub forum. Can anyone give some insight?

It'd really help put my mind at ease. Thank you :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/o...-my-first-month-opk-appreciate-help-pics.html

None of the wondfos look positive to me but if you're getting a positive on the digital, go with it!

Good luck!

Hi, I had this exact thing happen to me with the digi smileys when we were ttc ds... it happened twice actually. Like you I got a smiley opk, but when I ejected the strip it definitely looked negative, whereas before when I got a smiley it looked positive on the strip. You can have false positives on the smiley opk, especially if the test was flooded with too much urine. I knew I hadn't ov on those days because I never ov that early and I had no other signs of ov at all. I would say your true positive opk was the smiley on cd 14, especially as it looked positive when you ejected the strip and it also fits with your cycle length to ov around cd 14. Lots of luck to you xx

Thank you all so much!

I use a cup and I usually leave the digi in there until it starts blinking. Which makes me think I'm flooding it with urine. None of the times I've ejected it has it looked positive.

I'm pretty freaked out that I didn't ovulate since this is my first month actually checking for it. Makes me think that maybe I just don't O. I have regular cycles so I think I just took it for granted. As you can see in the link I posted one Wondfo test strip definitely looked really close but I think may have been shy of positive. I guess I should be happy I saw some darkening on CD14.

I have pneumonia and maybe that's why?

I feeling awful and I just needed to get that all out there. I don't usually do that. Thanks for reading.

The smiley with cd 14 looks like you're ovulating to me, it would fir your cycle length too x

Honestly, the best thing you can do is also take your bbt each day - you get a special basal body thermometer:

[Here's a link but you can buy it almost anywhere https://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Digital-Thermometer-Basal?skuId=233142]

You take your temp every morning as soon as you wake up, before antyhing else. You can imput the data into a site like fertilityfriend.com or ovufriend.com and the info you put in can help you find your fertile days in addition to opk's. Once you get a steady temp rise for at least 3 days, you'll know for sure you've ovulated. I was using opk's before I started temping but wasn't sure if I was actually ovulating as you can get several + opk's and not ovulate [your body gears up for it, but fails to actually release an egg]. That's my best advise as sometimes opk's can be very tricky on their own as you're noticing...

Honestly, the best thing you can do is also take your bbt each day - you get a special basal body thermometer:

[Here's a link but you can buy it almost anywhere https://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Digital-Thermometer-Basal?skuId=233142]

You take your temp every morning as soon as you wake up, before antyhing else. You can imput the data into a site like fertilityfriend.com or ovufriend.com and the info you put in can help you find your fertile days in addition to opk's. Once you get a steady temp rise for at least 3 days, you'll know for sure you've ovulated. I was using opk's before I started temping but wasn't sure if I was actually ovulating as you can get several + opk's and not ovulate [your body gears up for it, but fails to actually release an egg]. That's my best advise as sometimes opk's can be very tricky on their own as you're noticing...

Thank you for taking this time to respond. I think I just saw opk's as easy, not realizing they can still be a little complicated. I'm going to try BBT.

Does it happen that some months you ovulate and others you may not? Or is it more like you ovulate or don't in general?

Very thankful :)

depends on the person. if you had an extremely stressful month, that might cause an anovulatory cycle for that just month...but if you are extremely overweight or underweight you could have anovulatory cycles for much longer. same goes if you have certain illnesses too.

Are you supposed to leave the digi test sitting in urine? That sounds like it could be an issue to me.

Your last OPK looks almost positive. Did you test again that evening?

The one issue with BBT is it confirms that you have ovulated, not that you're going to. The temp increase only occurs after. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility?

Have you been checking your CM?

A_Z has a good point. the instructions say only to dip in the urine for 10 seconds (or maybe it's 15, I can't remember off the top of my head).

I had this happen to me once and I was immediately suspicious of the digital because wondfos have always been bang on for detecting LH.

My suggestion would be to take a look at the digital stick after you eject it. For me, the false positive came when the blue dye had run all over the stick and I think that influenced an incorrect read.

You are all are very right! Now when I think about it the stick did look a bit flooded when I ejected.

The instructions said if you are going to dip in urine do it for 15 seconds. It said the monitor would blink after 20-40 seconds to show it was working. So I just left it in til it blinked. Which would make the false smileys make sense.

The day I thought I had a positive was CD14. Here's where I posted pics of what I thought was my positive, now seeing that it was close but not quite there.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/o...-my-first-month-opk-appreciate-help-pics.html

Yesterday was CD15 and did digi and IC in the morning. Both neg. I am home sick from work and have been so used to peeing in a cup that I decided to dip anyways.

Well... now at CD16 I see what a positive is ACTUALLY supposed to look like! I dipped 4 to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The pick is from 5 minutes after. I couldn't do a digi because of course I had just used up the rest of my box on CD14. But that's okay, I am not questioning this pos.

We will get to BD'ing, which we have been every day since CD11 because I had gotten a false positive smiley so we might as well keep on a going :)

I'm going to start BBT as well because I now see how important that is as well as CM. I also had ordered Taking Charge of Your Fertility last week so waiting for that to arrive.

Thanks all :hugs:

Attachments

• photo 1(3).jpg
    photo 1(3).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 2(4).jpg
    photo 2(4).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
LOL. Instructions are a good thing to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->