please help name my 2nd son!

littlejenx

Reaction score
hi
i started a thread a while ago but still totally clueless. our son is hugo james, need help naming our second. do u think another 'o' name like cosmo sounds stupid and pretenious? we quite liked monty but decided it wont age too well for a teen and adult. surname is 4 letters-1 slyabel x

Not really sure that Cosmo goes well with Hugo tbh, its not my cup of tea, but if you like it :shrug:. Not everyone will like your names, the main thing is that you like them.:thumbup: I like Monty, its quite cute, he could always use a full name of Montague when he grows up, or give him a more 'traditional' middle name that he could choose to go by :shrug:

Other suggestions:
Henry
Austin
Hector
Hubert
Rowan
Rufus
Tobias
Xavier
Edmund
Quentin
Barnaby
Quinn
Oscar
Bentley

I think Cosmo goes nicely :).

Some names which I think go nicely with your DS1's name:
Alfred
Sebastian
Henry
Rupert
Arthur
Alexi
Jasper
Leonord (nn Leo)
Felix
Edmund (nn Eddie)

I think another 'o' name would be fine but I'm not sure Cosmo is quite in keeping with Hugo. I like Monty, I don't think it would be a problem when he's older 2bh.

Fabio
Lorenzo
Leonard (nn Leo)
Albert (nn Albie)
Arthur (nn Artie)
George
Trevor
Morris
Jonathon/John

I agree with pp that as long as you like the name that's all that matters. I also like the name Tobias with Hugo

I've actually always thought of Monty as a name which does age well. Sounds really professional IMO, "you'll need to speak to Monty Davies up in Mergers and Acquisitions about that, I'll put you through to his PA". Monty is a great name.

I think using another o name is OK if it's a name you really love. Cosmo is nice. Jago too, but maybe too close to Hugo (lovely name BTW). My DD1 has a friend called Otto.

Other ideas:
Stanley
Isaac
Miles
Milo
Reuben
Cole
Flynn
Theo
Toby
Rory
Jonas
Jonte

my husband and i are struggling so much. he has given Monty 7/10 and Henry 6/10. theres quite a few names i like but nothing is more then a 6/10 :(
really want to see a name and feel an instant love/connection to it but its not happening. thankyou so much for all the names. xxx

I agree and think Monty is a great name and would age well. I also had Henry on my list but DH doesn't like it at all. I think sometimes it's tough because we do want that instant love connection but sometimes a name has to grow on you! Write it on your personal calendar a couple weeks from now and see how you think about the names then. Sometimes not focusing on them at all and then having them pop up a bit later makes them feel fresh again and you can decide with a different perspective.

do you think Oscar Cosmo looks or sounds funny? what middle name would you sugest for Monty? and opinions on Heath? thanks girls xxx

Oscar Cosmo - awesome!
Heath - meh. Not my cup of tea but not a bad name.

Monty....

Thomas
Leon
William
Jon
Frederick
Peter
Heath?

Depends on you surname with that one I think.

its short 4 letters 1 sylabel......think it might sound abit funny after heath x

Yeah, 2 or 3 syllable names might flow better.

Monty Benjamin
Monty Samuel
Monty Jonathan
Monty Oliver
Monty Emerson/Emmet
Monty Daniel/Nathaniel
Monty Theodore

rudy would sound ridiculous with our 'r' surname but thanks for the suggestion x

I like Monty, I think it would age well...another option is Montgomery....Love Montgomery James. Oscar Cosmo is adorable. And I don't think that another name ending in O is bad...Just can't think of one off the top of my head....

I also like Jacoby/Jakoby....call him jacob or koby or jack for short...

i quite like jacoby but the hubs dosnt-awkward arnt they!! thankyou 4 your suggestion xx

ok think we might have found two serious contenders. what do you think of Huxley??? obviously brother for Hugo. Also opinions on Jonty...possibly birth certificate to say Jonathan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->