Please help!!

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Can anyone offer some advice or remedies...I’m suffering terribly with loose bms and stomach cramps, usually after I’ve eaten anything. It’s really getting me down and I’m worried I can’t keep my fluid levels up. I’ve sent dh out to get some Gatorade, and I’ve tried ginger tea and peppermint tea. It all seemed to start when I ran out of my usual prenatal vitamin and tried one I had free from the Dr, I didn’t realize it had a stool softener in it...it could be coincidence though. I only took them twice and then stopped, I’d have thought nearly a week later it’d have got better by now. I’m feeling really rubbish :(

Seeing my nurse/midwife on Thursday, but what can I do until then? I’m hungry but scared to eat, tired and lightheaded.

Please help!

Foods with a lot of fibre should help like bran flakes?
Hope your feeling better soon, make sure you stay hydrated :hugs:

Just had a similar situation last week, loose bms and severe stomach cramps for days. Dr didnt want me to take any pills, so had to take care of it naturally and it did go away in 2 days.
This is a very Asian way of healing tummy ache, you may try if you wish: put 2 cups of white rice (after rinsing) into 10-12 cups of water and boil on very low heat for 0.5-1 hour. Do not add anything else, and it will become mushy with thick juice (if not enough juice, add some more water), eat as much as you want. Then afterwards you can drink strong black tea with some sugar. Repeat the steps for the next meals.
Sounds strange, I know, but it did help me immensely

Can anyone offer some advice or remedies...I’m suffering terribly with loose bms and stomach cramps, usually after I’ve eaten anything. It’s really getting me down and I’m worried I can’t keep my fluid levels up. I’ve sent dh out to get some Gatorade, and I’ve tried ginger tea and peppermint tea. It all seemed to start when I ran out of my usual prenatal vitamin and tried one I had free from the Dr, I didn’t realize it had a stool softener in it...it could be coincidence though. I only took them twice and then stopped, I’d have thought nearly a week later it’d have got better by now. I’m feeling really rubbish :(

Seeing my nurse/midwife on Thursday, but what can I do until then? I’m hungry but scared to eat, tired and lightheaded.

Please help!

Imodium is safe and will certainly help in this situation, especially if it's the stool softener causing it!! In any case all it does is bulk up your poo and make it firm and it's considered safe. I carry one on me in case of emergency lol (like when travelling).

It could totally be your prenatal, so many things in it. My has like an herbal digestive blend in it. I'm still constipated most of the time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->